PDA

View Full Version : Hi to All

DerekcBerowra
21-01-2014, 10:36am
I have been taking photo's for many years on compacts and have recently bought my first DSLR.
I have a Canon 600d, and recently bought a couple of L Series Canon lenses (100mm Macro and 16-35 Wide angle) which I am slowly coming to grips with.
My particular interests are in Landscape and Macro images. I will be looking to the readers of this, and others, to help me better understand all aspects of Photography.
At the moment I am looking for some suggestions on buying a telephoto lens. I am going to the Kimberleys in WA soon and want to be able to capture some wildlife images, Birds, Whales etc.
I would like to stick with Canon and, prefer the quality in the "L" Series. Priced up to $2k.
I would welcome any suggestions.
Regards

Derekc@Berowra :)

Kym
21-01-2014, 10:38am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
21-01-2014, 11:06am
Hi there and Welcome to AP.. And congrats on your new camera and lens, How about posting some of those images it takes on the Forums
Your money will buy a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM and if lucky you will have enough over to buy the 1.4 or 2.0 extender.
If you want a prime look at the Canon Lens 300mm EF f/4L IS USM I have that and a 1.4 extender, there is also the Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Lens

P.S. ..If you click on the Sponsors button up the top and buy from one of them, it helps Rick the owner to get prizes and run the Forum which is free to us..

bcys1961
21-01-2014, 6:57pm
Welcome Derek,
From macro to landscape - just about covers the entire range. :rolleyes: Enjoy the forum . I joined about three weeks ago and am finding I t great. Lots of enthusiast who are happy to share info and help you improve.
r,
Brad

DerekcBerowra
22-01-2014, 8:14am
My thanks to Mary Anne & Brad for your warm welcome, and advice.
Regards
DerekcBerowra

:clogo:

Wayne63
22-01-2014, 9:34am
Welcome to AP Derek, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums