PDA

View Full Version : Introductions

Seachange
19-01-2014, 11:14am
I would like to start by thanking AP for accepting my registration! I am not new to taking photos I am just new to photography, by that I mean I have only had what you call "point and shoot" camera's which on the whole do a reasonable job but now would like to get into a digital SLR camera and take a more professional photo, now I am sure the cameras available are quite capable of doing that I am just not sure that I am!!! Anyway this I believe is the start of that journey, my wife and myself are getting ready for the grey nomad lifestyle with caravan in tow and am sure this will give us many photo opportunities, I hope this also gives me time to go through a lifetime of photos and put them on disc and would appreciate any help in this field as well.
Regards
John

Kym
19-01-2014, 1:45pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
19-01-2014, 4:30pm
Hello John and Welcome to AP.. What a great time you will be having seeing all of OZ and snapping away at all its wonders..
Once you have that new DSLR camera in your hands you will be right, and if you need any help you will find it here on the Forums.
Have a read at what's on this :url: (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) lots of info there. And post your images on the Forum for cc that's another way to learn

ricktas
19-01-2014, 5:11pm
Welcome John, Pull up a chair and join right in on the forums

cale
19-01-2014, 7:25pm
Hi John and welcome to the forum...:)

Mark L
19-01-2014, 9:20pm
G'day John.
You've found a good place to share and learn. Don't be afraid to ask questions and generally get involved.
Enjoy being a grey nomad.:th3: My better half won't have a bar of it.:(
Post some photos as you go. Let's us see different places and you'll get some feedback. Your photos will then improve as you travel.:th3:

bcys1961
19-01-2014, 11:27pm
Welcome John,
I'm a beginner , upgrading from P&S as well, new to the forum and am finding it great . Posting the odd photo for CC keeps you motivated and the feedback is excellent.
My wife is now referring to herself as a photography widow!:D
Get involved .
r,
Brad

Seachange
23-01-2014, 9:23am
Thanks for all the replies, John

chrischan
23-01-2014, 12:07pm
Welcome!