PDA

View Full Version : Dropping in to say hello!

goldcoastwestie
17-01-2014, 3:53pm
Hi there

My name is Karen and I am new to the forum so thought I would say hello.

I consider myself a beginner in digital world of photography, so I am looking forward to participating in this forum to see what hints and tips I can pick up.

I am a Canon user, owning a 650D, with lens 70-200mm F4 IS, Sigma 17-70mm and a good old Plastic Fantastic 50mm F1.8 which happens to be my favourite lens of all. I also have a bridge Canon SX50 IS for the zoom and my trusted Canon G9.

That's all for now!

Karen

JJM
17-01-2014, 4:08pm
Hi Karen, welcome to the forums look forward to seeing some of your photos! The old nifty fifty was my fav lens on my old 350D before I upgraded.

ameerat42
17-01-2014, 4:11pm
Hi Karen. Welcome aboard. Meanwhile, have a look around, especially in the Library - see tab above.
Am.

Mary Anne
17-01-2014, 4:25pm
Hello Karen :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Plenty of Tips and Hints here look for the Stickies up the Top of each Forum.
Nothing wrong with the nifty fifty my Granddaughter liked mine so much my hubby had to buy me its bigger brother.
Will look forward to seeing what images you post on the forums that's the best way to learn more.

bcys1961
17-01-2014, 4:29pm
Welcome Karen,
I'm a beginner new t othe forum as well and am finding it great . Posting the odd photo for CC keeps you motivated and the feedback is excellent.

You have a lot of ear for a beginner ? I'm struggling to just learn one new camera and lens.:D

r,
Brad

markdphotography
17-01-2014, 4:58pm
Hi from dizzying heights of amateur photography in northern NSW.

The best way to learn to swim is jump in the water. The best way to take good images is to use your camera a lot.

Look forward to seeing some of your work.

Cheers Mark

Kym
17-01-2014, 5:14pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!