PDA

View Full Version : Hello or should that be Hell Oh?

markdphotography
07-01-2014, 7:58pm
Just joined the group and will see what happens over the next 30 days.

A bit about me - have been a image maker for over 25 years and inspired by Ansell Adams quote "You can take a photo or you can make a photo". I have exclusively used Canon equipment (I did think about changing to the dark side once) and have 3 bodies (2 normal and 1 infrared), a couple of L series lens plus a couple of other lenses for macro and wide angle plus numerous accessories. I convene a camera club in Ballina that has around 20 enthusiastic members and own a small picture framing business. I also have a wife, a dog and cat which sometimes feature in images. I enjoy all styles of photography and enjoy infrared imagery and had an exhibition in 2012 at the Tweed Gallery in northern NSW. I am currently doing some bird and macro photography on holidays. You can see some of my work at www.markd.com.au (http://www.markd.com.au) .

Cheers for now.

Mark

ricktas
07-01-2014, 8:16pm
Welcome

I have sent you a PM re the rules, they are not as restrictive as you think

See you on the forums

Mary Anne
08-01-2014, 8:41am
Hello Mark and Welcome to AP.. Very interesting Gallery you have there, so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :2smile:

Wayne63
08-01-2014, 11:15am
Welcome to AP Mark, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

markdphotography
08-01-2014, 11:50am
No power at present and I am replying from my iPhone. Thanks for the welcome.

aycee
08-01-2014, 12:46pm
Welcome in here Mark..you will like this site and its much more comprehensive that where you have been..also Rick is a past P4P member

Kym
08-01-2014, 4:47pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
08-01-2014, 8:06pm
G'day Mark.
I once read that starlings (which basically look all the same to me) can tell each other apart 'cause they can see, and look totally different, in infrared. It may not be true.
Any starlings up your way? Please post anything interesting.:)
Hope you get involved a little here.:th3:

mongo
09-01-2014, 6:43am
Mongo says welcome Mark - have some of your work already and its good to see you have starting posting from the get-go.

markdphotography
09-01-2014, 10:04am
G'day Mark.
I once read that starlings (which basically look all the same to me) can tell each other apart 'cause they can see, and look totally different, in infrared. It may not be true.
Any starlings up your way? Please post anything interesting.:)
Hope you get involved a little here.:th3:

Hi Mark

I have not heard about infrared light and starlings but some insects and animals can sense infrared light see - http://www.mapoflife.org/topics/topic_311_Infrared-detection-in-animals/ . I have also used my IR camera to photograph the night sky although my camera is a near infrared and not a far infrared which seems to get better results.

Cheers

Mark D

Mitzy
09-01-2014, 10:29am
Welcome & nice collection of shot's Mark, you clearly have a flare for bringing out the best in a scene.

markdphotography
09-01-2014, 11:51pm
Thanks Kim - done.