PDA

View Full Version : Hello there....

Niki
07-01-2014, 10:57am
OK, so the thing to do here seems to be to introduce myself sooooo:

I am Niki (clearly, look to the left.....), I have been interested in photography with varying zeal on and off since I was about 10.

My main subjects lately have been our dogs, but having recently conned- er I mean encouraged my other half into an interest in photography, I am hoping to expand my knowledge in landscape photography (I'm currently pretty woeful). I am working with a Nikon D80 body, which despite getting on a bit now, does the job just fine for me!

Looking forward to getting involved in an online medium for feedback and sharing of info, I hope it can make me much better photographer!

Tikira
07-01-2014, 11:05am
Welcome Niki.
We all look forward to seeing some photo's and helping out where we can.

PS- I particularly would love to see some photo's of your dogs. The one in your avatar looks very photogenic.
Di

Niki
07-01-2014, 11:18am
Thanks Tikira, if I'm feeling brave tonight (and can find where to post them) I will put up some photos tonight, my work computer doesn't have much on it...

My avatar is my baby, a sable Border Collie, about 6 months ago, don't let the picture fool you, he can be a PITA!! :-P

ricktas
07-01-2014, 11:39am
Welcome Niki.

Here was me thinking your baby would be of the Nikon kind not the BC kind (from someone with a 9 month old Labrador), and a Nikon baby (d800) too.

Enjoy the forums!

Niki
07-01-2014, 11:54am
Thanks Rick, it's a good point. As a comparison, my Nikon baby does not lick or pee on things- so on paper, it's probably my favourite (don't tell my dog!!).

ameerat42
07-01-2014, 1:06pm
Hi Niki. AP sounds like the place for you, then.
Am.

Kym
07-01-2014, 6:15pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
07-01-2014, 11:12pm
G'day Niki.
Based on your posts so far, I hope you get involved here. We need some more serious people around here.:D
Don't be afraid to post photos, make comments, ask questions and generally get involved. 'tis what makes forums work.
And remember to be serious. :lol2: