PDA

View Full Version : Off to Hobart Again!!!

ktoopi
28-12-2013, 9:04am
Looking forward to Hobart again this year.......for those that don't know, my husband sails in the Sydney to Hobart race each year and he is doing it again!! I watched the start of the race from a boat on the Harbour and am jumping on a plane tomorrow to see them finish in Hobart! For those who are interested, his boat is a Beneteau 45 called 'Balance' owned by Paul Clitheroe and they usually do pretty well with seconds and thirds in recent years in their division.

I love the atmosphere down there and can't wait to be part of it again.....and to watch the fireworks from the boat on Constitution Dock........then touring around the parts of Tassie that we missed last time we toured around two years ago! Hoping for some awesome photo opportunities!:) Hopefully many photos to be posted when I get home!:D

- - - Updated - - -

Why does the boat owners name keep getting hashtags in it?? I've tried to edit it but it keeps happening????

Mary Anne
28-12-2013, 9:20am
Have a great time Karen.. Funny that I was talking to my hubby about you hubby the other day when he was watching the Yachts on TV.
Why does the boat owners name keep getting hashtags in it? Because the first four letters of Paul's surname would have to be a naughty word..:D

ricktas
28-12-2013, 9:30am
I fixed the word, so that as part of a bigger word it is not censored.

ricktas
28-12-2013, 9:31am
Enjoy Hobart and Tassie. If you want to catch up at some stage, just PM me.

ktoopi
28-12-2013, 1:52pm
Have a great time Karen.. Funny that I was talking to my hubby about you hubby the other day when he was watching the Yachts on TV.
Why does the boat owners name keep getting hashtags in it? Because the first four letters of Paul's surname would have to be a naughty word..:D

Oh so it is!!!!! Ha Ha didn't even realise:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy Hobart and Tassie. If you want to catch up at some stage, just PM me.

Sure Rick will see how I go.....it's usually very hectic but a catch up sounds great :)

Mark L
29-12-2013, 10:52pm
Why does the boat owners name keep getting hashtags in it?? I've tried to edit it but it keeps happening????

That's :lol:
Did they have fun last night? I wouldn't want to be out there.

ktoopi
30-12-2013, 7:23am
I don't know if you could call it fun!! He he :-) They tore their mainsail so had to take it down and sail with their trisail. They managed to repair the mainsail but have lost a lot of ground and therefore aren't doing very well this year :-) they haven't finished yet due in about lunchtime... It's a slow torturous trip up the Derwent