PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Flashfreddy
19-12-2013, 12:07pm
Hi My name is Carl, I am a 1953 model, yeah i've been around the block lol
I live in a little place called Durong which is just out from Kingaroy in Qld.
I cut my teeth in photography with an old Minolta - well wasn't that old then
Had my B/W Darkroom setup and enjoyed watching my photos develop right in front of my eyes
after a bit of a break have invested in a Canon eos 1100D ( yeah I know but you have to start somewhere )
looking forward to getting some tips on the Digital side of photography and know doubt I will hound you all
for information as this old dog would like to learn more tricks :)
Cheers all Carl

Mary Anne
19-12-2013, 12:19pm
Hello Carl :action66: and Welcome to AP.. You will find plenty of those Models on here and a lot older :D
You will get plenty of help here also just ask, and the best way to learn more is to post some images on the Forums.
So join in, post away and have fun while learning at the same time :2smile:

Mark L
19-12-2013, 10:51pm
G'day Carl.
I found the journey from film to digital a little fraught. I used to have a good understanding with the fellow that developed my film. Now post processing is up to me and I still don't enjoy that. But it makes a difference to how my photos are presented.
hope you get involved. don't be afraid to ask questions. 'tis how we all learn.

Kym
19-12-2013, 10:56pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
20-12-2013, 6:25am
Welcome Carl. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

Wayne63
20-12-2013, 7:14am
Welcome to AP Carl, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Flashfreddy
21-12-2013, 12:53pm
Thanks Mary Anne for the Welcome, hoping to post some images up in the near future :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Mark,
I am finding with the digital age now you have so many opportunities that even if you take only a half decent photo you can make it look pretty well
near perfect using 3rd party software eg: Lightroom - photoshop,and presets/actions where as you didn't have those opportunities pre-digital
you more or less had to get it right the first time, still progress is exciting you just wonder where it will be in another 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Kym
Will do

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the welcome Rick

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Wayne
Thanks for the welcome message will be posting some images in the near future

Cheers
Carl