PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Adelaide

natthu
15-12-2013, 2:59pm
Hi,

My name is Nathan. I have been a keen amateur photographer on and off for nearly 20 years.
I'm no Ansel Adams, but I occasionally manage to capture an image which I'm genuinely proud of.
I have recently decided to put a bit more time and effort into my photography in the hope that I can improve my skills.

My main passion in life is travel. I have now visited roughly fifty countries. A major component of that passion is the photographic opportunities travel presents.
The other type of photography I enjoy most is night and low light. Architecture lit at night, star trails, traffic trails, paint with light, night time cityscapes... I love all that stuff.
I occasionally get excited about photographing animals in the wild too (but mainly bugs, insects and small things).

I started out with a film SLR, but was extremely lucky to be able to afford my first D-SLR in 2002 when digital photography was still fairly new and restrictively expensive for most people.
My interest in photography stems almost as much from a love of camera gear as it does from a love of beautiful images.
There's just something about the physical aesthetic of a camera that I find appealing. As a result I have a large collection of camera bodies, most of which are obsolete, which I keep purely for sentimental reasons.

Currently my main cameras are a Nikon D600 & a D200 and a Canon 60D (which I use exclusively with Nikon lenses). My favourite lenses are fast and wide primes.

I'm looking forward to participating here and hopefully learning a whole bunch of new things!

Cheers.

Kym
15-12-2013, 5:11pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
15-12-2013, 6:04pm
Welcome to AP. Pull up a chair, join in, share some photos, cc some other members photos.

ameerat42
15-12-2013, 6:35pm
Hi Nathan. You should be quite at home here.
Am.

Wayne63
16-12-2013, 8:32am
Welcome to AP Nathan, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Mary Anne
16-12-2013, 8:33am
Hello Nathan and Welcome to AP. Seems like you have been everywhere so will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

natthu
16-12-2013, 11:58am
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)