PDA

View Full Version : King of wishful thinking.

leonhart83
26-11-2013, 7:36pm
Hey guys,

I am a 30 year old Queenslander, with rather limited knowledge on the specifics with photography but the thought of learning new techniques and theories has always been exciting. I have just recently starting "thinking" about getting back into photography, the number one reason being I have a baby on the way (due 2 days before Christmas). The gear I have isn't too flashy (D90,18-55, 50m 1.8, 55-200, 18-200), but I did spend some money on it and I thought that now would be a good time to get back into it.

I have given myself a new goal to do one photography outing a week, and to try and get through some online tutorials etc to help with my knowledge.

Here's to wishful thinking!.

ricktas
26-11-2013, 7:56pm
Welcome back

ROA44
26-11-2013, 8:29pm
Welcome aboard, there's nothing wrong with the D90 Unless you had a problem with it so will watch for your Photos

Mark L
26-11-2013, 10:27pm
Welcome back.
I love wishful thinking. I'm actually really good at it (true story).:D

I have given myself a new goal to do one photography outing a week, ...
It's not to late to get involved in this years weekly members challenge ....... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?181-Member-Challenges-52-2013
This weeks theme is eye(s), next week jewellery and it goes on. Has given me a reason to get out and try a decent photo (fail) each week.
Hope it goes well with the soon to be young one.:th3:

Mary Anne
27-11-2013, 12:34am
Hello and Welcome back, and congratulations on that exciting coming event, so will look forward to seeing what you post on the forums.

Kym
27-11-2013, 8:59pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

leonhart83
27-11-2013, 11:12pm
Photography is a funny thing. I used to be surrounded by people who knew so little about light/photography that I felt like I was actually WAAAAAAYYYYY better than I really was. Once I started to involve myself with people who knew a lot more than I do, you realise quite quickly how little you know.

Mark L
28-11-2013, 11:12pm
^ don't be surprise if you know more than you think you know and some others know less than they think they know. (I must remember that):)
Anyway, photography is the same as a lot of things. We generally get better as we learn.
And if you like a photo you've taken :th3: