PDA

View Full Version : New but old

RubyKatz
25-11-2013, 2:40pm
I am not new to this site but I am always going to be a beginner. I am getting so lost in everything I do that concerns photography and all I want to do is take pics that POP. I don't want to be the best there is but find the happy medium for me.

How do I just look at the pretty pictures for now, seems every time I come back to Aus Photography I have always been away too long...:(

Mary Anne
25-11-2013, 2:56pm
Hello Ruby :action66: and Welcome back, keep on looking though join in and comment on some of the posts.
Its best to give something back to the Members seeing you have looked at their images.
And post some of your images on the Forum for cc that's the best way to learn to make you images POP :2encou:

RubyKatz
25-11-2013, 4:45pm
Thanks Mary Anne, it is still hit and miss with me to find things on this website, I have been trying to find a pic my friend put in to a comp called November comp - cars. I don't know what title he has given himself, he isn't using his name of course, I looked there first, so now I will keep searching the competition forums hoping to be lucky to find where they actually are :Doh::Doh:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I also have never posted a pic yet, not sure how yet. Yes I read awhile ago how to, but my gold fish memory has forgotten again.:eek:

Mary Anne
25-11-2013, 5:01pm
I dont remember any competitions for Cars Ruby it could have been an open comp and your friend submitted a car photo.
Not posted a photo yet that's no good, up the top of this page you will see the LIBRARY icon click on that then click on How Do I
It has tutorials on how to post images from here at AP, Photobucket and flickr who have free accounts, you can always ask if you need help.

RubyKatz
25-11-2013, 5:19pm
My partner, who is not a member of AusPhotography can go to the site, www.australianphotography.com/ - is this possibly different to Aus Photography? I will have to go hunting on the Internet again. Maybe I just answered my own question?:eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Yep just checked it is a totally different website, silly me. Never mind now I have found more stuff on photography to look at! For me it is like trying to gather water with a sieve, so much information I can't keep up with it all!:(

Kym
25-11-2013, 5:52pm
:gday: & Welcome Back

ricktas
25-11-2013, 7:17pm
Welcome back. My hint would be to take a step back. Forget trying to learn it all and learn one thing only. Once you grasp that one thing, then move onto learning something new, but only when you fully understand the first thing

For a start, learn about aperture, study it, ask questions, get an undestanding of what aperture is and how changing it can change your photo. Practice with your camera, try different apertures. Then when you 'get' it, and only then, move onto shutter speeds.

http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:Experimenting_with_Aperture

Mark L
25-11-2013, 10:47pm
G'day Ruby.
By getting involved a little, seems to lead to getting more involved.

How do I just look at the pretty pictures for now, seems every time I come back to Aus Photography I have always been away too long...:(
So see if there's anything here that will keep your access to the site intact ..... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?58-MEMBER-CHALLENGES
Just make whatyou think is a funny comment in Caption This every couple of days.

A great way to slowly improve is to post some photos and just ask how it could be done better. No one here is going to have a go at you for wanting to improve. Actually plenty will help. Take a little time to read this and you'll figure out how to post those photos ....... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:How_to_post_and_link_your_photos_into_forum_threads If you only have your photos on your computer go to the photo #6 and upload straight to AP.

Don't be afraid to ask questions about how others took photos that you would like to take. "How did you get that black background?" or whatever.
Sorry to go on.