PDA

View Full Version : New Perth poster

Drubbing
01-11-2013, 6:35pm
Hi all

I was made aware of this site from Whirlpool, found the book will be very handy, so thought I'd sign up.

I'm a rank beginner, but I'm savvy enough to have found my way around the auto functions of our new camera. It's actually something my wife wanted, and she bought one before we headed off to Singapore last week. On advice from friends with similar models, and after having a play with a mate's Canon 600D on a weekend away, we got a 700D with the 50-135 lens.

I went a bit mad in Singapore and ran off nearly 1000 shots, but much of this was taking extras, sports shots (continuous shooting) so I easily deleted 300+ on the fly. On the screen many of the shots looked great, but too many were quite disappointing on upload to the big Mac at home. There were a good number I was pretty happy with though, considering we're only taking basic landscape and family portrait happy snaps. It'd be nice to get more proficient/efficient, so hoping following the course here will help.

Mary Anne
01-11-2013, 6:48pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Great camera you have there, 1000 shots are not that many..
And this is the best place to learn how to make those next shots work better, by posting some images on the Forums for cc..

ameerat42
01-11-2013, 6:58pm
Hey Drubbing. You're not giving yourself one, are you? :D:D
Join in, ask questions. And er, welcome to AP.
Am.

Drubbing
01-11-2013, 7:51pm
THe user name is one I've had ever since being first online - on a footy forum. It's an in-joke between myself and a mate, who've been docker members since they were crap.

Just can't be bothered thinking up new ones...

Mark L
01-11-2013, 9:09pm
G'day and welcome docker member.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and generally get involved. You won't cop a drubbing around here.:confused013

rwg717
01-11-2013, 9:51pm
Hi and welcome to AP, enjoy your stay:D
Richard

Tigger
01-11-2013, 10:19pm
Hi and welcome - I'm new and well - enjoy the journey

Drubbing
01-11-2013, 10:39pm
Thanks

One question, as I can't find the FAQ. What's happened to voting boxes in the comps? I managed to vote in one, but there's no options/menu for voting in others that are still open

ricktas
02-11-2013, 6:26am
Thanks

One question, as I can't find the FAQ. What's happened to voting boxes in the comps? I managed to vote in one, but there's no options/menu for voting in others that are still open

You cannot have managed to vote yet. until you have a 10 days membership of the site you cannot vote on our competitions. The site is setup to reward those who join up, and then join in. The more you participate the more you can access.

Kym
02-11-2013, 7:19am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

I sent the whim :)

Kym
02-11-2013, 7:27am

The FAQ is here: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/faq.php and it is on the sub-menu of the Forum tab.
The Library (wiki) has more useful information

As Rick said there is a 10 day restriction on voting, which helps stop voting fraud.
(It has happened in the past, people got relatives to join and vote when prizes were on offer - go figure)

AP is a bit like whirlpool in that features open up over time and participation, but the main item is 50 post/30 days.
The 50/30 restrictions is for an anti-spammer/false commercial promotion (or put down) reason.
I.e. don't promote/link anything to a vendor site until 50/30.

Retro
02-11-2013, 12:02pm
Nice to see another Sandgroper in here. :)