PDA

View Full Version : New forumite from Melbs wild west

Toppa
29-10-2013, 10:01pm
Well after being a little bit of forum stalker ive finally decided to join up. Hoping to pick up some tips to improve my photos and apreciate the work of others along the way. I landed on the Canon side of the fence so dont hold that against me. Cant wait to upgrade from the 450d, but that wont be for a while....boo

I bought a 10-22mm lens recently to go with my cropped sensor as I like the outdoors and landscapes, along with 4wding and camping which seem to go hand in hand.

Kym, Thanks for you patience in sorting out my account. Hopefully my last rookie mistake.....with the website. Im sure there is plenty ill make with photography.

Cheers
Chris

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 4

MattNQ
30-10-2013, 1:13am
Greetings Toppa & welcome to the forum.
I do a bit of 4wding & camping myself & enjoy the photography opportunities that come with it.
A good wide angle lens is heaps of fun to play with.

Don't worry about the 450D. It's the photographer, not the camera that creates the magic....:D
You'd be surprised what you can still squeeze out the older bodies with good technique.

ricktas
30-10-2013, 5:31am
Welcome aboard, and agree with Matt, you can learn more about photography with a 450D than you can with a current model cause you not only learn how to, but also learn how not to, and how the limitations of the gear finally come into play once you, the photographer has the skills.

Pull up a chair, show us some of your photos, learn more from the feedback.. and just join in with us.

Toppa
30-10-2013, 10:16am
Thanks guys, i cant wait to get involved here.

The 450d is a trustworthy steed and ive learned a heap already. The birth of our twins certainly got the finger itchy. I did a 1 day course with a bloke called Sheldon Muller (i think) where i learned about lighting subjects and how much more I need to learn about the settings on the camera. Ive since figured all that out and now playing with flashes, softboxes, umbrellas and remote flash senders. Flash compensation and settings do my head in. I generally do my set up by trial and error, but would love to know how to do it straight up. Any way i guess thats why im here!

I recently borrowed a 1D with a 28-70mm L-series lens - wow big difference - made my camera feel like a toy but i wouldnt like to have to carry the 1D any distance, so heavy! Think the 5D II is what ill aim for when i can.

Kym
30-10-2013, 12:12pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Toppa
30-10-2013, 12:49pm
Cheers, will do.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mary Anne
30-10-2013, 12:51pm
Hello Chris and Welcome to AP.. Sounds like you know what you want, though the 5D Mk 11 is an old model now.
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the forums :2smile:

Toppa
30-10-2013, 1:00pm
Hi Mary,

Dont get me wrong the Mk3 would be awesome, just older equals less expensive!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2