PDA

View Full Version : off to france tomorrow 28/10

mudman
27-10-2013, 10:06am
going to France tomorrow to celebrate my 70th birthday with my twin sister.
staying in paris 3 days, then down into the Loire valley until the 13th november. back in oz 14th november.
see you all soon, stay safe and happy shooting

I @ M
27-10-2013, 11:16am
Have fun, safe tripping and :party5: in advance.

Must be a real buzz to celebrate with a twin in France. :)

gabby
27-10-2013, 11:25am
Enjoy your trip-I hope to follow you there when I retire. I loved my visits to France in 1980 and intend to get back ASAP.

ameerat42
27-10-2013, 11:35am
What? Why has nobody said

BON VOYAGE

yet?

ricktas
27-10-2013, 12:59pm
Enjoy..and you can easily learn french from the policeman out of Allo Allo

http://youtu.be/zGNVU5ZjlgA

ameerat42
27-10-2013, 1:08pm
:lol:
As I ALWAYS did when this was in its prime.

A POTTY this show is not still IN!

mudman
27-10-2013, 1:45pm
thank you everyone for your kind words and well wishes.
Andrew, we are going to celebrate our birthday on the Champs Elysee. we are also staying in an apartment behind the Champs.
i will let you know about the buzz part.
rick, if i spoke french like that policeman they would probably deport me. come to think of it, they may deport me no matter how i try
to speak french.
cheers

Mark L
27-10-2013, 11:10pm
Don't try to speak French! Leave that to your sister.
No need to say enjoy, but enjoy.

Mary Anne
28-10-2013, 12:47am
All the best and have lots of fun with your Sister, what a great way to spend your Special Day.
Will look forward to seeing all those great images you will bring back with you..

Glenda
28-10-2013, 7:35am
Hope you have a great trip and enjoy your birthday celebrations. How marvellous, France and with a twin. Looking forward to your pics. The Loire would appeal to me more but that's just because the older I get the more I'm over big cities.

ameerat42
28-10-2013, 7:37am
A mantra for the trip over...

"Are we there yet?...Are we there yet?..."

mudman
16-11-2013, 10:15am
i'm baaaaaack.
agree with you lplates. the traffic in Paris was really heavy all the time. still we had a good time there for 3 days.
the Loire valley is quite nice, although the weather was not fantastic. cloudy most of the time which resulted in flat lighting.
lots of castles and the like. the trees only really started to change colour in the last few days we were there.
the main problem i had was being able to get off the road to get landscapes. the verges are very narrow and if you are not careful you could end up it deep table drains.
most of the images i took were of the castles i saw, some of which are quite spectacular.
i will start processing them in a day or so when i am a bit more into the local time zone.
jet lag is a drag,

Greeny
16-11-2013, 10:41am
Welcome back Mudman ... looking forward to seeing some of your shots :D

Glenda
17-11-2013, 7:38am
Welcome home. Can't understand why countries don't include lots of places for we photographers to get off the road and take pics. :D. Amazingly frustrating when you see a magnificant scene and nowhere safe to photograph it from.:(

sufran
23-11-2013, 10:53am
Hi Mudman, I am going to Paris for a few days next year. Can I pm you about your favourite spots and any insights on accommodation? Would love to hear from you.