PDA

View Full Version : Hello again

Sylar
24-10-2013, 10:43am
Hi all, I was a member of this site quite a while ago but have returned, Im heading south to spend a year on the ice in Antarctica and thought it would be a good idea to get back into the forums and read about :)

Kym
24-10-2013, 12:11pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
24-10-2013, 5:58pm
Welcome back

Mark L
24-10-2013, 9:32pm
G'day Sylar.
An acquaintance of mine spent some time working in Antarctica. He got some wonderful photos. Some could have been better taken, though they were good 'cause they were so different to what we normally see.
So, as you go, post some photos here to get some tips on how to improve them (am assuming you'll have w.w.w. access down there).
Can I ask what you'll be doing down there? (why did the text suddenly turn green?)

Sylar
24-10-2013, 9:41pm
thanks for the warm welcome folks, this will be my second time down and it was only when i was on the ice that i came to realise i had a passion for photography and have tinkered ever since but nothing i feel happy to share :( i did get some awesome pics of the Aurora over head as the winter months rolled in and hope my new kit will give me a challenge, i got myself a 5D mk3 with the 24-105 lens and honestly cant believe how well it performs in the hands of a novice like me! i was also given the job of station photographer so i am sure to be posting my pics with plenty of questions :P