PDA

View Full Version : greetings from a newbie

Gialandon
05-10-2013, 4:48pm
Well I just purchased my first DSLR a cannon D60 which was going cheap as the new model is in store. Also purchased a 50mm lens mainly to do portraits of my baby boy and of my wife.

I have no experience at all except for my old point and shoot Sony cybershot. Dad was a keen photographer and I use to help him develop films back in the early 80s. He had a cannon as well but apparently you can't use the old lenses on the new bodies? If there is a work around for this would be very keen to know as he has a large collection of lenses stashed away that he doesn't use any more.

rookie
05-10-2013, 4:56pm
:gday::action66:

ricktas
05-10-2013, 6:13pm
Welcome. See you on the forums

Kym
05-10-2013, 8:17pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
05-10-2013, 9:28pm
G'day Gialandon.
Welcome to a good place to share and learn. Don't be afraid to post photos and/or ask questions. Reckon it'll help you get to where you want to be faster.

.... Dad was a keen photographer and I use to help him develop films back in the early 80s. He had a cannon as well but apparently you can't use the old lenses on the new bodies? If there is a work around for this would be very keen to know as he has a large collection of lenses stashed away that he doesn't use any more.

If the lens has EF on the front somewhere, it'll work.
As a lot of people don't look at these intro thead's, maybe post a question like "Old Canon lenses work around" here ...... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?16-Canon;)

Wayne63
06-10-2013, 5:39am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

rwg717
06-10-2013, 9:33pm
Cheers and nice to have you along:D
Richard

Mistfox
07-10-2013, 3:37pm
Welcome, the journey only starts with the baby photos trust me :0

Hope you can get the old lenses to work.

Wendy

Gialandon
08-10-2013, 7:09am
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Camera arrives today so very excited!