PDA

View Full Version : Hello, beginner in Melbourne - Nikon D7000

T J Garvie
30-09-2013, 7:15pm
Hello, I've just started getting in to photography and pretty green. I figured an Aussie forum would be a good place to see what others are up to and how they go about making interesting images. I have a Nikon D7000 and have been getting out for a bit of practise over the past few weeks. Some pics are OK, a lot are underexposed - I need to learn to trust the histogram. Overall I think I'm getting the hang of it and will probably feel a bit more confident sharing pics once I've looked around a bit.

ricktas
30-09-2013, 7:21pm
Welcome. See you on the forums

ameerat42
30-09-2013, 7:25pm
Hi T J Garvie. You've jumped in already with your 2nd post.
Welcome, and I'll probably call you Garves.
Am.

T J Garvie
30-09-2013, 7:32pm
Thanks for the welcome Am. My brother is called Garves - maybe TJ would be better *heh*. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the forums and sharing photography stories - I have so much to learn.

Mark L
30-09-2013, 10:48pm
G'dat TJ.
You won't find a better Aussie photo forum.
Don't be afraid to share photos, ask questions and get involved. 'tis what makes it all work.:th3:

rwg717
30-09-2013, 11:40pm
Hi there and welcome to AP:)
Richard

old dog
01-10-2013, 10:13am
hi and welcome also from another D7k owner. When you say that a lot of your pics are underexposed......are you shooting in manual mode? If not, then explain what mode you shoot in and if you have compensated the exposure meter> If you supply a bit more info on what you have been doing then someone should be able to steer you in the right direction so you can get properly exposed images.

Kym
01-10-2013, 2:16pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

T J Garvie
05-10-2013, 8:26pm
hi and welcome also from another D7k owner. When you say that a lot of your pics are underexposed......are you shooting in manual mode? If not, then explain what mode you shoot in and if you have compensated the exposure meter> If you supply a bit more info on what you have been doing then someone should be able to steer you in the right direction so you can get properly exposed images.

Hi old dog, thanks for the reply. I'm using manual settings for the first time on the camera. I did a short course in July/August and it opened up a whole new world for me, it was brilliant. Up until the last couple of days I was being a bit timid and not trusting the histogram, but now I'm starting to get it right. It was a self confidence thing and learning to use the settings on the camera properly.