PDA

View Full Version : hey guys!

nuts
26-09-2013, 10:20am
hey guys and gals, just thought i'd say a quick g'day, atm i've got a panasonic tz10 which kinda made me look more in photography. i travelled with it OS and took thousands of photo's and i really enjoyed it. started using the manual a fair bit on it and also using photoshop a bit and i think i came up with some pics that i was really happy with and enjoyed taking and working on.
so i'm going to jump into the DSLR arena and give it a go. I think i've made my mind up on a entry level camera, the Pentax K-30 with the 18-135mm. my biggest reason for going for this one is that it looks like a camera all round and it's weather resistant, i go kayaking and plan to do more hiking and the last thing i want is dust or water splash to wreck my camera as my tz10 has dust in it just from going to a trip to Egypt and the lens cover doesn't open correctly.

Speedway
26-09-2013, 10:32am
Hi Nuts and welcome, Join in with all the other photography nuts here and share some of your work, I am sure you will enjoy the experience.
Cheers
Keith.

Mary Anne
26-09-2013, 5:31pm
Hello Nuts :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Sounds like a great plan.
So will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums with your new gear..

ricktas
26-09-2013, 6:23pm
Welcome to AP. See you on the forums

Weather resistant is a lot different to weather proof. If you are going kayaking etc you might need to look at an underwater housing, or look for one of the ruggedised waterproof compacts from Olympus for those times, alongside having a DSLR for your other shots.

nuts
26-09-2013, 10:29pm
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Thankyou Rick for your concern, I do know the difference between weatherproof n weather resistant, I probably should have explained kayaking a Little more lol I do go off shore n can be in choppy Waters, but I doubt I will be taking the dslr out there, it's more for rivers and lakes. When I take it, it would actually be locked in the kayak and is water tight until I need it which can be very easy to get out. I've been kayaking for a few years and pulled in some pretty big fish n I haven't capsized yet (touch wood) but if I did, most likely it'll be in the kayak n it would be impossible to get wet or for my kayak to sink.
The Beauty about having a kayak is I can get to amazing places where boats n cars can't get anywhere near :)

rwg717
26-09-2013, 10:57pm
Hi and welcome to AP....enjoy your stay:)
Richard

forzajaymz
27-09-2013, 9:06pm
Just wanted to say hi as well!

Kym
28-09-2013, 12:31pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

binnie
28-09-2013, 8:51pm
Welcome :)