PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

GBP
12-09-2013, 4:14pm
Hi i am very keen on photography . I am a member of a camera club with my dad & sister . I am 12 years old & enjoy experimenting with photography . I have 2 cameras . One is a canon powershot D10 & the other is a canon powershot SX50 . The main things i like to photograph are animals & nature especially black shouldered kites found in my area . Last year i had a winning shot in the Morans photographic competition & my younger brother & sister also got a placing . Seen some great shots on this forum & hope to learn to take pictures like them .
GBP

Mary Anne
12-09-2013, 4:34pm
Hello GBP :action66: and Welcome to AP. Join in have fun reply to some posts and post some photos on the Forums for cc that's the best way to learn.
Its Great to see you are a younger Member you are doing well by the looks of those images.. :2encou:

GBP
12-09-2013, 5:11pm
Thanks for the comments . I really like your macro shots , looking forward to trying to do some on the weekend .

GPB

Mary Anne
12-09-2013, 5:17pm
It was my pleasure and Thank You again, good on you I am pleased that you are going to have a try at macro :)

Greeny
12-09-2013, 5:24pm
Hi GBP ... did you take that Black-shouldered Kite shot?? I'ts an absolute ripper!! You'll find heaps of really helpful people here so you'll learn a lot!! Welcome from me too ... :D

Roddy3030
12-09-2013, 5:34pm
Welcome, great pictures.

ricktas
12-09-2013, 6:48pm
Welcome. Post your photos to the CC forums for feedback, as has already been suggested.

freelancer
12-09-2013, 8:04pm
Hi GBP ... did you take that Black-shouldered Kite shot?? I'ts an absolute ripper!! You'll find heaps of really helpful people here so you'll learn a lot!! Welcome from me too ... :D

Hey Greeny she did take that shot, she's got some great bird shots since getting the sx 50. You will probably see a few similarities from my shots as she's normally with me, only I'm the one driving the boat or paddling the canoe etc. The underwater camera she uses also has an underwater mode so does a better job of white balance etc than my housing for my slr (she can also breath hold to 8m too.

freelancer (Jon)

sorry about the video quality but heres some diving with seals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHVVoghGmUw

Kym
12-09-2013, 10:41pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

:kewl: