PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Victoria

LilOakie89
02-09-2013, 6:02pm
Hey everyone!

Im Aimee, Melbourne

ive just brought my very first " real " camera i got a Pentax K30, im super dooper excited ( ordered online) so waiting for it to arrive! i cannot WAIT !

ricktas
02-09-2013, 6:58pm
Welcome Aimee.

Enjoy the new camera. See you on the forums soon!

Wayne63
03-09-2013, 6:16am
Welcome to AP Aimee, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

LilOakie89
03-09-2013, 9:21am
Aww, thanks guys! look forward to getting to know everyone :)

Kym
03-09-2013, 12:37pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Maybe have a look at the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) book and the Learning Plan in the book.

Mark L
05-09-2013, 10:48pm
Just catching up with the intros Aimee.
Welcome to a good place to learn, share and participate.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and get involved. works best that way.:th3:

LilOakie89
06-09-2013, 6:21pm
thank you :)

My camera FINALLY arrived.... did i mention i got screwed over by the site i ordered it from and just went into a store and brought it but its in my tiny little hands finally !

Mark L
06-09-2013, 9:25pm
And now the photographic frustrations begin.:lol2:
Hope to see you around AP Aimee. 'tis worth it.:th3:

Irru
07-09-2013, 7:31am
Welcome. Which online store screwed you over and how? I hope you didn't lose any money over it.

LilOakie89
07-09-2013, 8:52pm
Welcome. Which online store screwed you over and how? I hope you didn't lose any money over it.

Thanks, no i got a full refund :)

snappit, i ordered the camera Friday night ( allow 2 days processing) called on Tuesday afternoon as i hadnt recieved an email.
Only to be told that they will contact me back with details as they couldn't get a hold of their shipment department... needless to say i never received a call!

called back the next day and was told that they didnt update their website on the friday night and that they had run out of the Pentax k30 but the website said they had them in stock...
but their receiving a shipment today and will contact me via email once they have sent it..... next day still no email!!, called again only to be told they received their shipments but the pentax k30 wasnt intheir grrr!

so i just went and brought it in a store for $50 more then what it was on Snappit. not a massive drama but frustrating

Mary Anne
07-09-2013, 9:19pm
Hello Aimee :action66: and Welcome to AP.. You will enjoy it here the Members are very helpful
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.. Congrats on the new camera I bet you were glad to have it in your hands finally.
I prefer to buy my cameras locally, as I like to feel them in my hands though lenses and all accessories I buy on line from the Sponsors up top.