PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Tasmania

Zhenya
01-09-2013, 2:10pm
Hello all,
I was searching for info about vantage points in Hobart for the Tall Ships, and this is where I ended up!
It looked interesting, so here I am.
I've been dabbling in photography for a while now, and I'm totally hooked, so I decided to get really serious (despite my advanced years!) I need some constructive critique to help me improve my photography, and this looks like a good place to get it. I hope my computer skills are up to it.
Must get back to exploring the rest of the site now....so much reading to do!
Cheers,
Jan

ricktas
01-09-2013, 2:13pm
Welcome Jan. Join in on the forums. There is a small discussion about tall ships on the site. Hope we get to see some of your photos soon too!

Zhenya
01-09-2013, 2:23pm
Thanks Rick.
Yes, found the thread on the Tall Ships, and mention of vantage points.
I'll post some photos as soon as I work out how it's done.....could take a little while!

Mary Anne
01-09-2013, 2:30pm
Hello Jan :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Will look forward to seeing your photos on the Forums.
All the best for getting a good vantage point for taking shots of those Tall Ships.

Zhenya
01-09-2013, 2:39pm
Thanks Mary Anne.
I think it will be an early start to beat the crowds when those gorgeous ships come in.
I guess my telephoto lens will be handy, haven't used it much yet so practise will be a priority!

ricktas
01-09-2013, 2:46pm
Re posting photos. Go to LIBRARY on the main menu and then have a look at the How Do I section

Kym
01-09-2013, 3:00pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
01-09-2013, 11:04pm
Hi Jan and nice to have you along:D
Richard

Wayne63
02-09-2013, 6:00am
Welcome to AP Jan, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums