PDA

View Full Version : Life saver

AMS
16-08-2013, 1:32pm
G'day all.

my name is name is Al.

I have just back got into photography,after a life saving moment,& it has been a motivating force in the title.

I've always taken pictures, with various cameras,the old box brownie type,all the way throughout the various types of cameras, up till my last camera was a Nikon em.

After much research on my choice of a new camera:
was a canon 600d twin lens kit;
This is my first real DSLR; Entry level Was the place to start for me to start,to learn the way,to put my vision,down in history,for my family.

Cheers

Bears Pics

Kym
16-08-2013, 1:53pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

AMS
16-08-2013, 2:09pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Thanks.

As this is my first time on a forum site, as this is my first time on a forum site.
i have no idea how to do that.

I have the faith in people,so iam sure by the end of the weekend i should be able to put some up.

Many thanks in advance.
Bears Pics

Mary Anne
16-08-2013, 4:30pm
Hello Al and Welcome to AP.. Click on the Library up the top of the page then *How Do I *
It wont take you long to find your away around the site if you get stuck just ask..
Nice camera you have there and to help you on your way do read the *New To Photography Book* you will find that in the Library also.

ricktas
16-08-2013, 4:51pm
Welcome. See you on the forums

geoffsta
16-08-2013, 8:01pm
Welcome mate.... A forum does take a bit of getting use to, as does a new DSLR. So as you get better with the camera, you'll get better at the forum.
We are all here to help, because that's the aim of the forum. Feel free to ask questions, about adding images, or any questions in relation to your camera.

Adding images is simple once you get the hang of it. Just make sure that they are no longer than 1024 pixels on the longest side, and no more than 250kb. (For a possible best resolution make them 800 pixels on the longest side.)

Good luck, and don't forget the "How do I"

AMS
17-08-2013, 9:57am
thanks folks.
can post into a thread Or do i need a Flickr Or Photobucket account??

As always many thanks in advance
Bears Pics

geoffsta
17-08-2013, 10:19am
I personally like flickr. It's pretty simple. Also get flickr uploader. That way you can upload straight from Windows explorer. All you have to do is click the image you want to share, click on the box with an arrow in it, select BBCode, then copy and paste your image into the thread you start. It will ask what size you want to share. I'd go for the 1024px or 900px. Shares on here sometimes quicker.

ricktas
17-08-2013, 1:47pm
thanks folks.
can post into a thread Or do i need a Flickr Or Photobucket account??

As always many thanks in advance
Bears Pics

As per the HOW DO I section of our Library, you can use PB Flickr etc or upload directly the the site.

Wayne63
17-08-2013, 3:01pm
Welcome to AP Al, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Mark L
17-08-2013, 10:44pm
Welcome aboard Al.:th3: