PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

filecon
13-08-2013, 11:31pm
Hi Everyone,

I'm sort of getting back into photography. The last time i did it was around 30 years ago back in high school. Don't remember anything from then.
I tried to get back into it a few years ago and bought a Nikon d40X with kit lenses 18-55 and 55-200. But never did anything.
As I'm going overseas, I've decided to really throw myself into it and want to take heaps of photos of my travels and really kick start this hobby (hopefully passion).

I went out to purchase a D7100... which I don't have. I've jumped the gun and purchased all these lenses Nikon 18-200, Nikon dx 35mm f1.8g, Nikon 50mm f1.8g and a Tokina ATX 116 F2.8 DX II, plus numerous other bits and pieces such as GPS, a battery Grip and remote. Only too find out that I may not get the camera before I leave (From a local Nikon retailer - not import) :( So they have offered me to purchase a camera at cost price (which I doubt) so I'm trying to negotiate a D600, which I'm concerned about as I have DX lenses apart from my 50mm prime. So that's my current dilemma.

So hopefully I can learn heaps of stuff here and in my preparation for my trip in 4 weeks to Europe. I'm really looking forward to do landscape and night photography and want to try HDR.

Any opinions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I know i've been silly in jumping the gun, especially if I get the D600. I will have wasted money which I couldn't really afford to have. Lesson learnt. I look forward to chatting with you.

rwg717
13-08-2013, 11:33pm
Hi there and welcome to AP:D
Richard

ricktas
14-08-2013, 5:57am
Welcome. Pull up a chair and join in.

Kym
14-08-2013, 9:08am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
14-08-2013, 9:42am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Mark L
14-08-2013, 10:20pm
g'day filecon.
You've found a good place to share and learn.
Oh, you haven't got a camera yet to take photos to share. Oh, so little time to learn before your trip.:);)
So, don't be afraid to jump in and ask some questions that you think may help you before you go OS. If you have internet access as you travel, ask questions as they arise.
I would shot using RAW and JPEG. JPEG gives instant access to your photos and RAW allows you to come back to your photos later (once you learn post production) and improve those really good or important photos you take. This will mean you need a back up strategy to store all the photos you're going to take.
Anyway, as said, ask questions to get answers. And get involved in AP.
And enjoy your holiday.:th3: