PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Gippsland, Victoria

Meags
09-08-2013, 4:56pm
I'm just starting out with a new DSLR (Canon 700D) and learning the basics. I had a film SLR more than 10 years ago but just couldn't get my act together when it came to learning the ropes. It took so long to get film developed that I have to admit I lost interest. I'd think some shots were going to turn out great, only to find they were rubbish when I got my prints back. I finally managed, after weeks of sunset vigils, to get a great sunset shot only to have the company developing the enlargement I ordered, scratch the negative. My husband then bought a compact digital and I didn't bother with the film camera after that.

So now I'm back into it and I'm really keen. Being able to see my shots straight away and work on different shutter speeds and apertures on the fly is great and I'm also learning how to deal with raw images in photoshop. I'd like to get into wildlife photography and I have a goal of (trying) to get a decent shot of a wedge tail eagle. I know where there are some nests and I think there might be some long vigils ahead...

This site looks terrific and there's some great info for beginners like me. I look forward to checking it all out. Cheers.

I @ M
09-08-2013, 5:05pm
Hi Meags, welcome to AP.
Good to see another Gippslander on the forum.

Mary Anne
09-08-2013, 5:14pm
Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP. I love Wildlife Photography also and will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums..

Kym
09-08-2013, 5:23pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Maybe have a look at the New to Photography (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) book and the Learning Plan in the book.

Meags
10-08-2013, 3:23pm
Thanks for the welcomes!

Mark L
10-08-2013, 8:40pm
G'day again.:)
You've found a good place to share, learn and help others.

Wayne63
12-08-2013, 9:35am
Welcome to AP Meags, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums