PDA

View Full Version : Joining in

NicG
09-08-2013, 1:04pm
Hello!

My name is Nic and I'm in Melbourne. I've recently returned to Australia after an extended sojourn in the UK where I got interested in photography through a photo a day project. I completed a couple of courses (Open University, City and Guilds which is a bit like TAFE/VET) and started a portrait/event photograpy business over there.

Now that I'm back in Australia it's very much back to square one as the industry seems very different over here, as does the general style of photography and what clients expect.

I'm looking forward to see what both hobbyists and professionals consider "good" here in Australia. :)

As for equipment, I have my faithful old Fujifilm S5 Pro with a range of Nikon and Tamron lenses. It really could do with replacing, but it's so good for skin tones. I'd love a D800E but I'm waiting on the lottery win for that!

I look forward to joining in and learning from you all.

Nic

I @ M
09-08-2013, 1:29pm
G'day Nic, pull up a chair and join in by sharing your knowledge and images.

Kym
09-08-2013, 2:54pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
09-08-2013, 2:58pm
Welcome. See you on the forums

Mary Anne
09-08-2013, 3:59pm
Hello Nic :action66: Welcome to AP and Welcome Home. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

Mark L
10-08-2013, 8:52pm
G'day Nic.
Welcome back to Oz. More importantly, welcome to AP.:)

Wayne63
12-08-2013, 9:34am
Welcome to AP Nic, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

NicG
14-08-2013, 2:39pm
Thank you for the warm welcome. I just have to find my way to the right threads now :)

richoman3
14-08-2013, 7:48pm
Welcome! looking forward to seeing your shots