PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Madmaxin
03-08-2013, 10:51am
Hi newbie here thought i would join up and learn about editing mostly, I have a photo of myself in which i dont like the background, old curtains , what program can i use to make it look better, or even just have the wood in the background, tried to clone it looks bad... Tried for a week to change it with ACDsee no luck, if you want to have a go , go for it, any help appreciated thanks in advance..

ricktas
03-08-2013, 11:00am
Welcome, It is not so much what program you need but what skills you have at editing.

But first up, as you did not take the photo, you cannot post it to this site. We only allow members to post photos they own copyright to. So I have had to remove it, sorry.

Madmaxin
03-08-2013, 11:11am
Hi i took the photo, i can put a sig on it if that helps thanks.

ricktas
03-08-2013, 11:12am
Ok, it looked like someone else had sat opposite you and taken it.

Repost it in the post processing help forum, not in introductions, Post and ask others to give you advice on how to edit it. After all, we are here to help you learn. Getting someone else to edit it for you, teaches you nothing. Also post a bigger version, editing a tiny photo is going to result in image quality degradation.

Madmaxin
03-08-2013, 11:13am
Ok, well repost it in the post processing help forum, not in introductions, Post and ask others to give you advice on how to edit it. After all, we are here to help you learn. Getting someone else to edit it for you, teaches you nothing.

Thanks understand, I'm willing to do it if i can get some guidance, cheers i will do :)

ricktas
03-08-2013, 11:54am
What made me wonder if it was your photo is that the filename suggests it has been copied of facebook

Kym
03-08-2013, 3:12pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
03-08-2013, 6:55pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Madmaxin
03-08-2013, 8:11pm
Yes my FB profile pic :), I try tomorrow some more no luck as yet lol