PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here!

Leisa1977
14-07-2013, 8:17pm
Hi all!

Just thought I'd introduce myself - I'm a newbie to DSLR photography - I've only ever had a point and shoot camera before, but when the sales lady at the shop showed me the Canon EOS 100D I fell in love! It seemed to be exactly what I was after - small enough to carry around easily but still a great piece of equipment. My husband has a DSLR camera too, but we've found that he never ends up taking it anywhere because it's so big, and with 2 little kids (2 and 9 months) we have enough gear that we need to carry around everywhere! So far I've been finding the EOS 100D great in that sense - I can just throw it in my handbag or the bottom of the pram! My main area of interest to start with is taking family pics, and pics of our kids as they are growing up.

Hopefully I'll pick up some tips on here - and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's work!

Kym
14-07-2013, 8:24pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
14-07-2013, 8:27pm
Welcome, you will get lots of tips and advice here. Just start posting some of your photos and ask questions, you will get invaluable advice. See you on the forums

Mark L
14-07-2013, 9:44pm
G'day Leisa.
Welcome to a good place to share and learn.
Forums are about getting involved a little, so don't be afraid to do that. Plenty of helpful members here if you need to know something.
And, with that larger DSLR stuff in the family that doesn't get used, PM me if you would prefer to give it away to someone that will use it.:lol2::lol2:
Hope to see you around AP.:th3:

Mary Anne
14-07-2013, 9:47pm
Hello Leisa :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Sounds like a great plan with beautiful memories of the children growing up.
A camera that you can throw in the bottom of a handbag sounds good, I tried that once
I even bought a larger handbag then I added a longer lens so that did not work either :D
There is only one problem when you get hooked on Photography you always want to go further or get closer..
And that camera get heavier with the weight of those new lenses.

rwg717
14-07-2013, 9:49pm
Hi Leisa and welcome to AP:D
Richard

Wayne63
15-07-2013, 6:24am
Welcome to AP Leisa, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

GeoffG
16-07-2013, 12:40pm
G'day & welcome