PDA

View Full Version : New member introduction

Steven Kemp
13-07-2013, 12:57pm
Hi All,
l've just joined and still trying to figure my way around the site.

A few words about me.

I'm in my early 50's (where did the years go!) and have owned and used cameras since my mid teens (Mainly Canon SLR's). I'm an engineer by profession and work in Sydney having moved here just over 3 years ago. My interests are photography (naturally) classic cars, watches food and wine.

I got into digital photography about 6 or 7 years ago when I brought my first Nikon (D80). More recently I picked up a D7000 which I'm happy with.
I'll post some photos soon and would welcome some feedback.

Steve

Mary Anne
13-07-2013, 1:42pm
Hello Steve :action66: and Welcome to AP. You will soon find you way around the site, if you get stuck just ask..
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

Darey
13-07-2013, 2:00pm
Welcome Steven,
I hope you learn to enjoy the site as much as I do.
The Sydney Aust. Photography (AP) team members meet fairly regularly, I hope you join us one day.
I hope you enjoy the shots on the site and learn from them.

Steven Kemp
13-07-2013, 2:22pm
Thanks for your replies, What's the ideal image size for posting a photo?

S

:)

ricktas
13-07-2013, 3:13pm
Welcome to AP Steve. Our maximum image size loaded to the site is 1024 pixels on the longest side and 250KB, but you can link in larger files.

If you use flickr or photobucket you can just link your files from there (or other sites) into Ausphotography, Check out the Library on the site main menu and then go to the How Do I section for further information and tutorials.

Wayne63
13-07-2013, 5:48pm
Welcome to AP Steve, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

yeeoff
13-07-2013, 7:17pm
Welcome aboard!

Mark L
13-07-2013, 9:23pm
G'day and welcome also Steven.
While I've taken some photos of wine, I'm more interest in drinking it!:D
Quick link to what Rick was refering to in the library .....http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:How_Do_I
I just use the option in #2 at the moment.
Hope to see you around AP.

Pixeltoy
13-07-2013, 9:53pm
Welcome. You have joined up with a great community.

Kym
14-07-2013, 8:58am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!