PDA

View Full Version : Hello and help please

Reptilezz
29-06-2013, 5:58pm
Ok so first let me introduce myself, im a 13 year old boy from Brisbane and i love animals. I currently own a woma python and an eastern bearded dragon and i mainly photograph birds. Im in a sticky situation... Ive been saving up for a dslr since last year and im allowed to get one for christmas this year if i buy it. I currently use my parents powershot is2 or sumthin like that and im wanting to upgrade. Im trying to decide between canon 7d, nikon d7100 and pentax k5ii. I know for wildlife the 7d is the best in terms of autofocus, but ive heard that the image quality is lacking. (if you can prove me wrong please post some pictures). The image quality on the k5ii and d7100 is similar but the nikon has 24mp and 51 auto focus points. Which pf these would be the best for wildlife?also how will the new canon 70d compare to these? My friends own canon and they dont want me getting a nikon, and my best friend who i usually go out photographing with has a pentax ist d. Ill attach some photos that i took with the powershot and you can critique :D
I also have other photos but the files were too big and i dont know how to resize.

Mark L
29-06-2013, 9:14pm
G'day and welcome to a good place Reptilezz.
(reckon your parents would even be happy with the lack of rubbish that doesn't go on here :th3:).
Take your time to look around AP, 'tis quite a while before Christmas happens, so don't decide what camera you want to fast.
Once you've had a bit of a look around maybe ask your camera choice question again here ... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?32-Camera-Lens-Gear-Talk .... a lot of people who know this stuff don't look at these intro threads.

"I also have other photos but the files were too big and i dont know how to resize." what software do you have?
This is free and can resize easily once you learn how ..... http://bd-sizer.software.informer.com/3.3/

Don't be afraid to join in and ask more questions (only way to get answers).
Love the Crimson Rosella.:th3:

rwg717
29-06-2013, 9:48pm
Hi and welcome to AP.....go for the 7D:confused013
Richard

Kym
29-06-2013, 10:36pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
29-06-2013, 11:40pm
welcome. pull up your chair and join in. We cannot critique photos in intro forums, so post them on the critique forums for good feedback. But you are certainly doing quite well from what you have put in this thread.

Wayne63
30-06-2013, 7:03am
Welcome to AP, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the wildlife forums

Reptilezz
30-06-2013, 8:09am
Thanks guys, ill try posting the "vs" in the other thred and ill try a competition ;)

Tikira
30-06-2013, 9:08am
Welcome to AP.
I agree with Mark to do even more research and thinking about the camera you want. Choosing a camera is a very personal choice, and while people will say "get a .....", ultimately it is up to you. However, the more research and questions and observations you make, the clearer the choice will become.
Good luck with it, and in the meantime, we look forward to "talking" here on AP, and to seeing some m,ore of your photo's

Di

bigmick
01-07-2013, 9:02pm
welcome to AP and enjoy

Sportsgraphy
01-07-2013, 10:22pm
Welcome to AP forums and enjoy, As they mentioned before take your time and don't rush. spend more on a full frame camera than buying a crop sensor and then buying a full frame. in this cause you will end up paying more than buying a full frame (my opinion)

Enjoy

Chookman
03-07-2013, 5:11am
Welcome to AP... great place to learn and meet like minded people

Chook