PDA

View Full Version : Hi There - Im New

Hawkspur
23-06-2013, 8:40pm
Hello world ...(or soon to be my world). I have been taking pics for a little over 3 years now ... Had an Olympus E510 as my beginner camera ...Have since bought a Nikon D5100 (2 days old). I enjoy taking pics of wildlife and flora. I do some landscapes as well. Have never really been into the portrait stuff, found it a bit difficult (lol) but hey I can learn. That's why Im here. To me, Photography is an art that is forever growing, you will never know everything, and someone always knows more than you do. o I look, listen, and absorb, Hopefully it will make me a better photographer.

ricktas
23-06-2013, 8:42pm
Welcome to AP. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos and forum contributions.

Mark L
23-06-2013, 9:12pm
G'day Hawkspur.
Reckon you've found a good "soon to be my world".:)
Takes a little time to find everything here, though it's surely worth getting involved.
See you 'round AP.:th3:

Hawkspur
23-06-2013, 9:31pm
Thank you kindly for the welcome ...Just reading on how to upload Pics .... Seems a bit confusing ..

ricktas
23-06-2013, 9:37pm
Thank you kindly for the welcome ...Just reading on how to upload Pics .... Seems a bit confusing ..

Which bit are you having trouble with? You can also use hosting sites like Flickr and photobucket. Just click LIBRARY on the main menu on the site, then click into the HOW DO I section for some tutorials

Hawkspur
23-06-2013, 9:46pm
Well .. Im obviously doing something wrong lol .... I see others have posted pics of a more viewable size and somehow keep them withing the 250 download limit ... lol .. I shoot all my pics on the best quality and size .. so the files are pretty big ...To get them under the 250 for upload ... I have to shrink them considerably .. lol .. and they don't make very good viewing when they are the size of a thumb nail ... lol ... But dont worry .. Ill work it out lol ..

Wayne63
24-06-2013, 6:02am
Welcome to AP, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
24-06-2013, 9:20am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Kelz1990
24-06-2013, 11:05am
Hello and welcome :)

Mary Anne
24-06-2013, 1:05pm
Hi there and Welcome to AP.. Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums..