PDA

View Full Version : Prints on glass and/or metal

nimrodisease
23-06-2013, 1:11pm
I'm considering getting some large-ish prints done on either glass or metal, I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with specific companies in terms of product quality and value for money?

Cheers

junqbox
23-06-2013, 4:05pm
You could try LookPrint in Leichhardt in Sydney. They have the ability to print on any substrate. They have a 'retail' photo printing service.
I remember a few years ago there was an exhibition of Wim Wenders printed printed on huge sheets of glass (a few metres long), looked fantastic, as they let the light illuminate the image (from behind) without creating glare on the image.

Roosta
25-06-2013, 4:42pm
Hay John,

This company (http://miragedigital.com.au/) do heaps, they do most of the pro and wedding togs work over here in the west. Matt is one of the tech's and has done some wonderful stuff for me, I just iCloud it to them, easy as.

I do understand that there is a vast Km gap, so it would be up to you if you wanted to put your faith into them and transport companies, but you won't fault their work.

rustylongbeard
26-06-2013, 3:32pm
*removed - please read site rules 3-7*

enVision
27-06-2013, 4:25pm
This is also something I've been interested in for a while. Although I think it can be quite expensive, it will definitely give your images an extra edge and another point of interest over say, printing on canvas?