PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Elricki
07-06-2013, 9:03pm
Hi All,

I haven't done any serious photography for a number of years, in fact most of my pics over the last 15 years have been taken with point n push cameras. Many moons ago I dabbled in black and white film with my Dads old Pentax SLR and assortment of lenses, even doing my own developing.

After a recent trip overseas and being disappointed with some of the photos taken I'm keen to get back into some "proper" photography....starting with planning for a brand spanking new digital SLR!

Cheers,

Iain

Mary Anne
07-06-2013, 9:18pm
Hello Iain and Welcome to AP thats a great idea it get back into it and a new camera sound seven better.
Seems like you have had lots of experience over the years so you wont have any problems with a new DSLR camera.
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums even from your point and shoot camera.

Mark L
07-06-2013, 10:31pm
G'day and welcome to AP Iain.
You've found a good place to share, learn, help and whatever. If you need a question answered, ask.
Watch out for the site owner though, he may live close to you (not that that matters on the w.w.w.).:)

ricktas
08-06-2013, 7:36am
Welcome Iain. Pull up a chair, join in, put up some photos for critique and learn from the feedback and give some other members your thoughts on their photos too.

Wayne63
08-06-2013, 7:43am
Welcome to AP Iain, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Elricki
08-06-2013, 2:59pm
Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Have been out looking at cameras today, liking the look of the Canon 600D as a starting point....roll on pay day!

Kym
08-06-2013, 8:06pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
08-06-2013, 11:00pm
Hi Iain, welcome to AP, plenty of good advice here, so buy wisely:)
Richard