PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new and a little nervous

huntingforjac
07-06-2013, 1:40pm
Hi there, I'm a full time mum, to three beautiful kids under five, and have really enjoyed taking photos of them since newborn. I use a Canon 60D with 15-85 lens. I love candid shots around the house and outdoor park, beach shots. I'm looking at upgrading lens, especially for outdoors, as most of the time my kids are running around (or is it from me and my camera?) I would love to do a course, although I may need to wait till they're all in school at this stage. I'm happy to for now, to upgrade lens and play around. I take photos of friends kids also, here is one from the other day, what do you think?
Many thanks
Nicolehttp://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/asset.php?fid=97249&uid=20574&d=1370576383

ktoopi
07-06-2013, 2:20pm
Hi there don't be nervous.....everyone here is very friendly and helpful:) I have learnt tons from putting up photos for cc and asking questions on this forum.
It's great to see you putting up an image already although it is a bit small to really see and cc properly.

Wandapics
07-06-2013, 2:23pm
Hello Nicole Welcome to AP. Don't be nervous we are friendly here :) I can't critique your nice picture in this forum so please post it in the Critique forums & we can comment on it. I have 3 grandchildren who are learning to be models for my daughter("BabySwine" on here) & I :)

agb
07-06-2013, 2:30pm
Welcome Nicole. Lots of helpful people on this forum.
Your 15-85 lens is a pretty good lens for all round use, I have one and cannot think of another I would replace it with for anywhere near the price.

Wayne63
07-06-2013, 2:51pm
Welcome to AP Nicole, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

ameerat42
07-06-2013, 3:12pm
Looks like you're off to a good start with that pic, Nicole, though we cannot give CC in the Intros forum.
Post it up in the normal (New to Photography, or Candids, or Family) for some critique and advice, and praise.

Now, what did you say about a case of nerves? Can't see them!
Am.

Dazz1
07-06-2013, 3:23pm
Welcome.

Don't be nervous. I started here very recently too. Nobody has bitten my head off yet. :) In fact they're all quite friendly.

William
07-06-2013, 3:55pm
Welcome.

Don't be nervous. I started here very recently too. Nobody has bitten my head off yet. :) In fact they're all quite friendly.

You have'nt seen the dark side yet !!:D Wait till we get serious :lol2:

Hi Nicole , Welcome to AP and hope you enjoy the fun we all have here on this site , Heaps of help available if you join in and share your images , You'll learn heaps , And I was only joking , Yep no one has had there head bitten off yet , Well not that I know of ;)

ving
07-06-2013, 4:33pm
dont be afraid of criticism, its how we learn... the only critique you will get here is the constructive type.

welcome aboard :)

as for the photo you have posted, I quite like the pose. i think i would have cropped tighter tho. i am no portrait expert tho so take my sugestion with a grain of salt.

Mary Anne
07-06-2013, 5:26pm
Hello Nicole :action66: and Welcome to AP.. That's a great job you have being a full time Mum.
We wont bite we are here to help so post away in the forums, get yourself a free Photobucket or flickr account so you can post larger photos.
Or do a search for free resizers there are plenty out there.. I like your photo though its a little small. :2smile:

Kym
07-06-2013, 7:17pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
07-06-2013, 7:33pm
G'day Nicole, don't listen to all these people trying to be oh so nice. You should be very nervous when they start doing that. :D:D

.... I would love to do a course, although I may need to wait till they're all in school at this stage. I'm happy to for now, to upgrade lens and play around. ...

Work your way through this free course ..... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book

And the photo. Looks like there's antenna with a green thing on top coming out of her hat!:lol2::confused013
(getting a little nervous);)

huntingforjac
07-06-2013, 8:46pm
Thank-you so much for all to responding and your positive comments! I'm feeling somewhat more relaxed! Looking forward to chatting more and learning from you, very excited!

ricktas
08-06-2013, 7:37am
Welcome to AP Nicole. Glad you found us relaxing, and enjoyable. Join in, interacting with fellow photographers is one of the best ways to learn. See you on the forums.

Lance B
08-06-2013, 10:57am
Welcome Nicole! There is no need to be nervous and your first photo looks great, I like the composition. :th3: