PDA

View Full Version : I'm back...

Grumby
02-06-2013, 10:06pm
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It's been 9 months since my last post...

...and what a hectic 9 months... a 'holiday' back in the UK - which was basically just 3 weeks of visiting rellies and having exactly the same conversations with each of them; Christmas; the birth of our first grandchild; a business trip to China (50% of which was spent trying to attend meetings and training while suffering with food poisoning - I survived for 10 days on bottled water, Coca-Cola, and Imodium - lost heaps of weight though!! :rolleyes: ); then coping with a surprise visit from my parents from UK over here; and finally the relocation of my office a further 25kms from home - and it was already 55kms.

Still, the upside of all this activity is that although I've not really had much chance to process and post my pictures, I have taken plenty, so have a lot of catching up to do. Although my new office is now 80kms from home, and doesn't have the same surfing photo opportunities that the old location had, the new place is proving to be a gold mine for wildlife - especially birds, and industrial/maritime opportunities, as well as some spectacular land- and seascapes.

I am also just about to embark on my first paid photoshoot, so I'll probably have some questions to pose in the business forum fairly soon.

Looking forward to getting back into the fray...
Grum.

ricktas
03-06-2013, 4:58am
welcome back

Wayne63
03-06-2013, 5:56am
Welcome Back

Banjo
03-06-2013, 5:58am
Welcome back Grum,

I, too have sinned and have not posted here for some time, forgive me, and l do not have the good excuses you have:lol:
I promise to stay more focused;)

Kym
03-06-2013, 9:10am
:gday: & Welcome Back

Grumby
03-06-2013, 3:59pm
Thanks guys - and welcome back to you too, Banjo.

peterrad
03-06-2013, 8:40pm
yes I need to post her again....... I like the site but find it very frustrating that you keep losing privileges...
oh well here is my post...

ameerat42
03-06-2013, 9:54pm
OK you guys. For your penance, get and do 1000 unsharp masks using Photoshop.
:rolleyes:m.

Grumby
03-06-2013, 10:01pm
...I like the site but find it very frustrating that you keep losing privileges...
Hi peterrad, I know what you mean, but I also appreciate that Rick is simply trying to encourage and build a community of regular photographers, of all levels, to interact, help others, and learn ourselves. To immerse yourself totally in the community like some do, could be very time consuming, and I don't have that amount of time spare (and if I did, I'd rather be out taking photos), but it doesn't take much to just dip in once a week or so, and spend an hour or two checking out the latest photos in your favourite forum, and adding some of your own. I think my problem is (was) that I was spreading myself too thin - lots going on in my personal life, trying to keep up with commitments at photo club, posting stuff on flickr for family and friends to see, doing a lot of photoshop work on a batch of pics I did for a friend's musical career launch, blah, blah - lots of excuses - some stuff just had to go on hold for a while. That's life - I guess.

Cheers
Grum

- - - Updated - - -

OK you guys. For your penance, get and do 1000 unsharp masks using Photoshop.
:rolleyes:m.
LOL - do I have to wear sack-cloth robes while doing them?

ameerat42
03-06-2013, 10:14pm
LOL - do I have to wear sack-cloth robes while doing them?

Hah! If you must, may I suggest the "Hessian" texture..
H(Am)!

Mark L
03-06-2013, 10:20pm
yes I need to post her again....... I like the site but find it very frustrating that you keep losing privileges...
oh well here is my post...

I like to look!!!
Go on, get just a little involved, it's a forum.;)