PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Going Downhill
31-05-2013, 9:24pm
Just joined today. I live and work in Canberra ACT. My main photographic interest is mountain biking - I ride and photograph Cross Country and Downhill events in the Canberra region. Some of my photos are used by local bike shops that support and sponsor riders. Other than bikes, I enjoy landscape and portrait photography - quite often B/W and will normally be out before sunrise of a weekend to get the light.

Looking forward to my time here and interacting with other members with interests outside my own current interests.

I shoot with a Canon 7D and have a bunch of the usual lenses including 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, 70-200mm f/4L IS, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM. I also shoot with the Fujifilm FinePix X100. And just recently, I have spent a deal of time trying to master off camera flash photographing mountain bikes going past at about 50kph!

David
(Going Downhill)

ricktas
31-05-2013, 9:28pm
Welcome to AP David. pull up a chair and join right in. Show us some of your photos, critique some other members photos. See you on the forums.

Mark L
31-05-2013, 9:53pm
G'day David (Going Downhill) from someone on the other side of the hill!:)
Hope you get involved here.

And just recently, I have spent a deal of time trying to master off camera flash photographing mountain bikes going past at about 50kph!

:eek: Hope you show some of the results you get.

Going Downhill
31-05-2013, 10:35pm
Thanks Mark.Just working out the posting rules and will post as soon as I get sizes sorted. Posted to photo of the week ok but struggling a bit with another. More time tomorrow to sort it
Cheers and thanks for your message.
David

geoffsta
01-06-2013, 9:48am
Welcome David. Always glad to see a new member.:th3:

Going Downhill
01-06-2013, 4:02pm
Thanks for your message Geoff. There's a good feel about this place and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

David

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much Rick. I've been made to feel very welcome already. I'll be posting shortly - just coming to grips with sizing and once that's sorted, I'll be away I think.

Best regards,

David

Wayne63
01-06-2013, 4:33pm
Welcome to AP David, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
01-06-2013, 6:10pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
01-06-2013, 8:00pm
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:How_to_post_and_link_your_photos_into_forum_threads

- - - Updated - - -

Covers the size and linking photos.
Or do you need help getting the file size down to what's required?

Going Downhill
01-06-2013, 11:07pm
Hi Wayne,

Just catching up with emails here. I said to Rick the moderator earlier that I have felt very welcome by members. I hope to be posting soon. Thanks for your message.

David

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Kym,

Thanks for your email - great to be here and to have received a number of welcome emails. I'll be posting soon.

Best wishes,

David

- - - Updated - - -

Mark,

Have the Kb size sorted - just the physical dimensions. I edit in Elements 7 (Lightroom on the way) and I am trying to change the default. Thanks for the link - won't be long now..........

Where on the other side of the hill are you?

David