PDA

View Full Version : Hello to you all

Terry Vine
24-05-2013, 12:14pm
My name is Terry and I'm from the Gold Coast. After spending many years earning my stripes with film cameras (80's) as a keen amateur, I went on to working in Marketing/sales in the marine industry where I was also involved in digital photography. I am now planning to go full time as a professional and is nearly ready to launch my new web site to help get things going. Exciting but apprehensive too! CAn anyone suggest the 'industry standard' (if there is such a thing) of who to get the various insurances that us photographers require? Any assistance will be much appreciated.

I look forward to participating within this forum. Something I am new too!

Cheers,

Terry

Mary Anne
24-05-2013, 1:06pm
Hello Terry :action66: and Welcome to AP. Sorry I cant help with your suggestion..
Though will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums.

Terry Vine
24-05-2013, 2:16pm
Thank you!

ricktas
24-05-2013, 2:32pm
Insurance policies are fairly standard across the insurance industry. The product disclosure statements are often verbose and word for word. Really it is a matter of finding one that suits you. What insurance you need/want is probably something better discussed with your insurance person(s). Things like public liability, gear, personal (in case you get injured the day before a wedding), workers comp (are you going to have any assistants, even casuals?). There is not a one size fits all that is going to work. You need to sit down, work out what you need, and then get some quotes.

Welcome to AP. Hope we get to see some advice given as well.

Terry Vine
24-05-2013, 5:21pm
Hi Rick, Yeh thanks for this. I know insurances are a painful thing to deal with as its not just about the costs; its the little important writing in the terms and conditions. I just thought there may have been a 'preferred' insurer for Photographers. Of course, once I'm up and running properly I hope offer assistance to others wishing to make the transition...

Wayne63
26-05-2013, 6:38am
Welcome to AP Terry, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
26-05-2013, 8:01am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Terry Vine
26-05-2013, 9:38am
Thanks guys, I just need some time now to work out how this site works and where to upload pics!