PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Dubbo NSW - 2nd time around!

smoky
19-05-2013, 3:47pm
:gday: from Dubbo - Central Western NSW

I'm a high school teacher (computing) and a keen photographer. I was a professional photographer in the 1980 (wedding, portraits and corporate), but gave that up and completed 2 degrees and a Diploma at Uni for a career change, as I was retrenched from my main job as a Carriage Builder in the Railway. One of my degrees is a Visual Arts Degree majoring in Photography, and have held 6 exhibitions during and just after my Degree.

I had a large darkroom when living in Lake Macquarie, and printed large fibre based prints for not only myself, but for other professionals as well. Mainly all black and white, I also imported raw chemicals and made my own developer and fixer with some great results. I really miss those days, it was definitely more satisfying taking a print out of the "soup" after watching that image grow intensity till finished in the fixer and hung to dry.

I still get out when ever I can to take photographs of nature mainly, and other interest areas from my hobbies.

Cheers
Smoky

Mary Anne
19-05-2013, 4:33pm
Hello Smokey and Welcome back, a very interesting intro and I will look forward to seeing what you posts on the Forums..

ricktas
19-05-2013, 5:53pm
Welcome back Smoky. See you on the forums, with some photos for critique and some critique advice for others.

Mark L
19-05-2013, 6:47pm
G'day from just down the road (a little).

Kym
19-05-2013, 7:13pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some new photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

Wayne63
19-05-2013, 10:10pm
Welcome back

Rett
20-05-2013, 5:13pm
Hello from Bathurst (a bit further down the road) Welcome back, interesting intro.