PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Brisbane - Norman Park

Beetle
12-05-2013, 4:10pm
Hello everyone,

My name is Karin (Beetle is my actual nickname). I'm excited to be here on an AUSTRALIAN site. I have already been a member on an American one for the last 10 years ( 8 of those years we actually lived in Seattle), but I'm longing for some more local contacts. I've joined a photography group via Meetup.com and have been on a few outings with them, which is always enjoyable.

I am an amateur photographer who occasionally gets lucky with a really good shot. I worked as a product photographer in the US for a couple of years, and actually quite enjoyed that, too.

However, my biggest passion is teaching beginners the joys of photography and Photoshop. I just adore it every time I see a light bulb go off and see someone getting excited about suddenly taking MUCH better photos.

I have a Canon 5D MkII and an assortment of lenses. I also have recently had my old 20D converted into a full time IR camera - such joy to use!!!!

I've been a good girl and started reading all the stuff on this site - a LOT of rules and restrictions to start with, but it all makes sense and I like how organized it is.

I'm looking forward to participating here. Now I'll go off and look around some more. See ya!

Kym
12-05-2013, 4:41pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
12-05-2013, 4:45pm
Welcome, join in, give some critique, post some photos for critique.

Mary Anne
12-05-2013, 5:51pm
Hello Karin :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Seems we have the same tastes in cameras, I am trying to get my 20D off one of my Granddaughters so I can do the IR conversion also, one day it will happen. Sounds like you are a busy lady with teaching PS as well.

Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :2smile:

Wayne63
12-05-2013, 8:03pm
Welcome to AP Karin, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

Bear Dale
13-05-2013, 4:09pm
Hello and welcome to the forum (and if you've been absent for an extended time...welcome back to the forum!) It's truly a great resource that's packed with friendly members and the best way to enjoy it is to jump in boots and all and start posting.

Feel free to ask any questions if your new (or old!) to the wonderful world of photography and taking photos.

Once again....now that you've signed up and your a new member (or a returning member).....the best way to thoroughly enjoy the site is to thoroughly use it!

Thanks for posting an introduction thread and introducing yourself to the community.

rodbam
13-05-2013, 6:45pm
Welcome Karin:-) I've only been here a few weeks & have been made to feel at home. Try posting a few shots into your favorite categories i.e. Macro, portrait, street etc & you will soon get to know people.

Mark L
13-05-2013, 10:27pm
G'day and welcome to AP Karin.

[FONT=trebuchet ms]

However, my biggest passion is teaching beginners the joys of photography and Photoshop. I just adore it every time I see a light bulb go off and see someone getting excited about suddenly taking MUCH better photos.

That's part of the wonder of AP. Others helping others.
Hope you join in. There's no more active Oz photo forum (I think).