PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

agb
12-05-2013, 1:43pm
I paid for Photoshop many years ago, and have the installation disc . Since then I have updated the program 2 or 3 times, up to CS6 now, and have downloaded these updates. With Adobe moving to a subscription base, to which I will not be subscribing I have a question about what to do about the fact that I only have a downloaded copy of CS6. I presume it cannot be copied to a disc as a program, and the downloaded files are too big to copy to a single disc, so how do I preserve my copy of photoshop in the event that I have to do a reinstall at some future date an it is no longer available as a download on Adobe. The last update did not come through Adobe but from a reseller, so it may not be available on that site either.

Lance B
12-05-2013, 1:53pm
I paid for Photoshop many years ago, and have the installation disc . Since then I have updated the program 2 or 3 times, up to CS6 now, and have downloaded these updates. With Adobe moving to a subscription base, to which I will not be subscribing I have a question about what to do about the fact that I only have a downloaded copy of CS6. I presume it cannot be copied to a disc as a program, and the downloaded files are too big to copy to a single disc, so how do I preserve my copy of photoshop in the event that I have to do a reinstall at some future date an it is no longer available as a download on Adobe. The last update did not come through Adobe but from a reseller, so it may not be available on that site either.

Your order should have been stored at the Adobe site along with your serial number and proof of purchase etc. I have a copy of it as well. I needed to upgrade my SSD hard drive from 120Gb to 180Gb and I just reinstalled it on my new hard drive along with the serial number etc.

agb
12-05-2013, 3:28pm
Your order should have been stored at the Adobe site along with your serial number and proof of purchase etc. I have a copy of it as well. I needed to upgrade my SSD hard drive from 120Gb to 180Gb and I just reinstalled it on my new hard drive along with the serial number etc.
I understand it is only there for a limited time though, 3 years I have read somewhere. And if I don't go on the subscription treadmill then after 3 years what ?No photoshop?