PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a new member in the Brisbane/Logan region

WalkerA
11-05-2013, 10:50pm
Since I'm no longer a teenager and am suffering the after-effects of too many sporting injuries I've decided to rekindle my interest in photography instead of playing sport. I dabbled with black and white processing when I was in high school (back in the late '70s) but then got distracted with other interests.

I have now, after much deliberation and procrastination, retired my point and shoot camera and am the proud owner of a Canon 7D with the EFS 18-200 mm lens. I picked the 7D as I wanted something that was weather sealed to some degree and could take a few bumps. I also wanted a good range of lenses and accessories to choose from (for when I have the money to spend). Just have to learn how to use the thing properly now and hopefully get some creative inspiration along the way. I have also picked up a tripod and cable release/timer so I can try some night-time shots.

I like a mixture of landscape, travel, people (candid rather than posed) and wildlife photography. I expect my pets (2 dogs and 2 cats) and the local wildlife (mainly birds) are going to be the most common subjects of my initial attempts to master the basics of the camera.

I'm looking forward to learning what I can from the mass of information on the Australian Photography site and putting that knowledge to good use. :)

Regards
Ashley

Mary Anne
11-05-2013, 11:15pm
Hello Ashley :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Congrats on the new camera you will have fun learning it.
There will be plenty of help here and when you post photos in the Forums for cc you will get it.
Looking forward to seeing what you post in the Bird, and the Pet/Domestic/Zoo Forum I love Wildlife too Large and Small :2smile:

P.S. Just noticed the Date you joined so its Welcome Back..

Kym
12-05-2013, 5:12am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
12-05-2013, 6:33am
welcome Ashley. pull up a chair and join right in.

Wayne63
12-05-2013, 6:54am
Welcome to AP Ashley, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

Bear Dale
13-05-2013, 4:09pm
Hello and welcome to the forum (and if you've been absent for an extended time...welcome back to the forum!) It's truly a great resource that's packed with friendly members and the best way to enjoy it is to jump in boots and all and start posting.

Feel free to ask any questions if your new (or old!) to the wonderful world of photography and taking photos.

Once again....now that you've signed up and your a new member (or a returning member).....the best way to thoroughly enjoy the site is to thoroughly use it!

Thanks for posting an introduction thread and introducing yourself to the community.

Mark L
13-05-2013, 10:56pm
G'day Ashley.
You probably already know a lot of this, though some of it may help to clarify your DSLR and what it can do ...... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book
Hopefully see you around AP.