PDA

View Full Version : Little Intro

raysul
11-05-2013, 10:19pm
Hello guys,
I live in west Sydney
Got hit with the photography bug, because of an overseas trip that I did with my wife a few years ago. Using a point and shoot camera was fine on nice sunny day or in a well lit room, but if it's not then the camera let us down terribly, the photos were not what I was expecting. So I simply wanted to learn how to use a DSLR before we invested in another overseas trip.
So I purchased a canon 60D with a 18-55mm lens, I simply wanted to learn how to shoot in manual mode so my pics were at least adequate to look at. Well that easier said than done, didn't realize how much there is to learn, now photography is my main hobby/enthusiast. I like to delve into landscape and portraiture with strobes, as I said the bug bite me hard :D

Ray :clogo:

Mary Anne
11-05-2013, 11:45pm
Well I am not a Guy though I will Welcome you anyway *Welcome to AP Ray *
Nice camera you have there and you will get plenty of help here learning how to use it
Post some photos in the Forums where you can get some cc that's a good way to start learning more.

Kym
12-05-2013, 5:12am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
12-05-2013, 6:31am
welcome to AP. See you on the forums

Wayne63
12-05-2013, 6:53am
Welcome to AP Ray, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

Alandme
12-05-2013, 7:16pm
Welcome to the site. Hope you get that Sigma 8-16 working and show us some of your photos.

Bear Dale
13-05-2013, 4:09pm
Hello and welcome to the forum (and if you've been absent for an extended time...welcome back to the forum!) It's truly a great resource that's packed with friendly members and the best way to enjoy it is to jump in boots and all and start posting.

Feel free to ask any questions if your new (or old!) to the wonderful world of photography and taking photos.

Once again....now that you've signed up and your a new member (or a returning member).....the best way to thoroughly enjoy the site is to thoroughly use it!

Thanks for posting an introduction thread and introducing yourself to the community.

Mark L
13-05-2013, 10:51pm
G'day Ray.
Manual mode is fractionally overrated.:) AV is good. Depends though.:)
Join in, ask questions and you will learn here.:th3: