PDA

View Full Version : New guy on the block.

leadfarmer
08-05-2013, 9:26am
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Kurt, im 20 years old, and i am an apprentice chef. Im a canon shooter with a 1000D that i have owned for the past 2 years.
I bought it as a step into DSLR photography, to teach myself the basics and learn all that i could. After watching many videos on youtube, reading more magazines than you can poke a stick at, and hassling everyone i know who takes photos for information, i like to think that i am now past the basics of camera usage.
I am into shooting portraits and food, but love to shoot anything and everything. I am in the process of setting up a small and cheap studio in my house, with a simple 2 camera flash setup with a softbox and umbrella.
I hope to learn more from the people on this forum, and get a couple of tips on my photos.

Cheers,
Kurt.

ameerat42
08-05-2013, 9:27am
Good on yer, Kurt. This is the place for you, then.
Am.

Wayne63
08-05-2013, 9:31am
Welcome to AP Kurt, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

AussieBrent
08-05-2013, 10:46am
Welcome

William
08-05-2013, 10:53am
Welcome from me as well Kurt :th3: The more you get involved and post some photos and comment in threads the more info you will recieve, There are some very helpful photographers on this site , Pull up a chair and join in :)

ricktas
08-05-2013, 11:03am
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your photography

Kym
08-05-2013, 3:54pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Bear Dale
09-05-2013, 4:51pm
Hello and welcome to the forum (and if you've been absent for an extended time...welcome back!) It's truly a great resource that's packed with friendly members and the best way to enjoy it is to jump in boots and all and start posting.

Feel free to ask any questions if your new (or old!) to the wonderful world of photography and taking photos.

Once again....now that you've signed up and your a new members.....the best way to thoroughly enjoy the site is to thoroughly use it!

Thanks for posting an introduction thread and introducing yourself to the community.