PDA

View Full Version : Old dog needs new tricks.

Plainsgirl
29-04-2013, 9:13pm
Hi all. I have been taking pictures for decades but have always been..ahem!..lazy..about technology and technical detail. Can't get away with that any more and I admit I do not understand my Canon 40D, which I've had for 6 years. So..here I am. I'm thinking..what took me so long??

Mary Anne
29-04-2013, 9:45pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. I have a 40D too, though have learnt a lot since joining here and you will too. :2smile:
Post some images on the Forums where you will get plenty of help to understand your camera.

ricktas
29-04-2013, 9:59pm
Welcome. See you on the forums

Mark L
29-04-2013, 10:01pm
G'day and welcome to AP Plainsgirl.
Most of the basics are the same (most). But now you are the developer and that takes some effort. I dislike post processing, though have certainly learned it's value!!
If you have no other software (?) then DPP, that came with your camera, can do a reasonable job with the basics. And read your cameras manual at least once.
Anyway, ask question and there's plenty of people here willing to help.:th3:

Kym
30-04-2013, 8:37am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
30-04-2013, 9:38am
Welcome to AP, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

Bear Dale
30-04-2013, 4:16pm
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's truly a great resource that's packed with friendly members and the best way to enjoy it is to jump in boots and all and start posting.

Allie
30-04-2013, 4:46pm
Welcome :action66: there is plenty of advice and knowledge here - the hardest (or maybe easiest) part is putting it into practice. Have fun with your camera!