PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

swoffa
21-04-2013, 9:49pm
Well I was stunned when the first thread I read was one that had an hilarious photo of me ( my forum name). My first thought was "oh crap, I've picked a name that someone has used in the past. Bugger". Took a couple of posts before the penny dropped.
So there's your first insight to me...a bit slow.

I love my photography, I'm just not that good. Doesn't stop me taking my camera with me everywhere though. My eldest now says to his younger brother when I call them and he sees the camera in my hand, "Come on let's just get it over with. Otherwise we will be ages". Aren't they adorable.

looking forward to participating and sponging knowledge off you lot.

cheers.

Kym
21-04-2013, 9:58pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
21-04-2013, 10:25pm
Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Good on you for taking your camera around with you everywhere.
Looking forward to seeing some of those photos on the Forums then.. :2smile:

Mark L
21-04-2013, 11:54pm
G'day swaffo.
Just get into it and enjoy AP :th3::)

ricktas
22-04-2013, 6:24am
Welcome to AP. See you on the forums, and as you have discovered we can be a bit nutty around here at times. But nothing like a laugh to start the day.

Looking forward to seeing you contributions.

swoffa
22-04-2013, 6:46am
Hey thanks everyone. Very nice to be welcomed.

quick question(I tried searching but couldn't find an answer). When viewing the forum pics on the iPad, only the left half of the image is displayed. Is there a site setting that requires changing?

Nutty is good. :)

ameerat42
22-04-2013, 8:35am
Hi Swoffa.
You intro made me :lol:

You might not get an answer to your last post in the Intro section, so maybe click on that little ! in a triangle and ask a moderator to move the post into a new thread in the General Help
forum.

Of course, you can do it yourself - copy/paste into a new thread there.

- And in case you're still wondering, I have no idea how to solve your problem.

Cheers, Am.

swoffa
22-04-2013, 11:34am
Thanks AM, pleased you got a giggle.

I've asked my question over at the more prudent forum.

Bear Dale
22-04-2013, 1:00pm
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's truly a great resource that's packed with friendly members and the best way to enjoy it is to jump in boots and all and start posting.

Wayne63
22-04-2013, 4:54pm
Welcome to AP, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

swoffa
22-04-2013, 8:32pm
Changed my skill level to intermediate. Couldn't really find what determines which category, but as I have had a DLSR for a couple of years I probably should not say a beginner. Especially if I'm going to post in the competitions. I think I will as I don't normally think and execute. Most of my shots are spontaneous.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Kyle72
22-04-2013, 10:49pm
Welcome to Ap, im sure you will get alot out of it as much as i have and still continue to do so

Cheers

Jesmic
24-04-2013, 5:03pm
Welcome :)

courty
24-04-2013, 5:40pm
Welcome swoffa
Any story behind your behind your name,not a saltwater fly fisherman by any chance?

swoffa
24-04-2013, 6:56pm
Thanks for all the welcomes. This feels really nice and friendly already.

Hey courty. Mainly fresh water down here mate, more so after the kids came and the boat had to go. Still, one pounders on two pound tippets on a four weight in shallow running water will match up against anything. :D

bigmick
24-04-2013, 7:45pm
welcome to AP...I think most of us have been 'got' by that post....lol