PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Uchuujin
21-04-2013, 10:37am
Hello all,

Just a bit about myself, live in Victoria and dabbled in photography during my early years of uni, with a Pentax K100D. Absolutely loved it (even though i was not very good), unfortunately the final years of uni, then starting work full time meant that i had less time and energy to go out and take photos so i sold the majority of my gear (a few of the nicer primes i had) and pared down the collection to a 24-70 f2.8 sigma zoom and the nifty 50. Sadly those have sat in the cupboard ever since.

Fast forward bout 7-8 years and recently caught the bug again. Decided that i wanted a camera that was compact enough to carry with me but with the controls (or at least as many as i could get) of a DSLR. Settled on the Fujifilm X100S and am currently trying to pick up the old skills that i had (and learn new ones i should have had). Just wanted to also thank all the contributors to the New To Photography document, it's a great read and informative guide so far, and it'll definitely help teach me and build on the skills i really should have learnt when starting!

I'm a bit of a lurker when it comes to forums, so getting stuck in and active will be another challenge i hope to overcome!

Apologies for the long intro, and it's great to be here.

-U

Mary Anne
21-04-2013, 11:35am
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Join right in its better than being a lurker we are all great Folks here
Good to see that you have already had a read of what's on the New To Photography.
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums :2smile:

Ray C
21-04-2013, 11:36am
Welcome to Ausphotography, You will find a whole lot of knowledge on this site. And if its not already on the site , all you have to do is ask.

:)

ameerat42
21-04-2013, 11:36am
G'day U.
Welcome and don't feel put out. You'll get more from here by interaction - and it doesn't need to be much - than by watching.
Am.

Wayne63
21-04-2013, 2:45pm
Welcome to AP, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

Kym
21-04-2013, 5:01pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
21-04-2013, 11:02pm
G'day to -U

I'm a bit of a lurker when it comes to forums, so getting stuck in and active will be another challenge i hope to overcome!

. Join right in its better than being a lurker we are all great Folks here

Mary Anne is right. Just get into it and you'll find some other "great folks" here.:)

ricktas
22-04-2013, 5:23am
Welcome. join in, active participation is rewarded with full site access. Lurking will mean that you lose access to quite a few forums. We tie access to participation here on AP.

So pull up a chair and join in.

Bear Dale
22-04-2013, 11:59am
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's truly a great resource that's packed with friendly members and the best way to enjoy it is to jump in boots and all and start posting.