PDA

View Full Version : Intro

WayneH
17-04-2013, 10:18pm
Hi,
New to 'proper' DSLR photography.
Got an old Zenit SLR for my 21st (many, many years ago) and never worked out how to use it properly.
Migrated to 'point-and-click' digital but always wanted to do something better.
Finally bit the bullet and bought a Canon 7D for my partner for Christmas 2011 and vowed to learn to use it properly...didn't! Found the Auto setting and there it stayed - blasphemy I know.

Getting married next month and honeymooning on safari in Africa - decided it's now or never.
On a crash course and soaking up info like a sponge. Planning on lots of practise before we leave. Hopefully can post some photos and get some constructive criticism/ideas/advise..

Cheers
Wayne

Mary Anne
17-04-2013, 10:48pm
Hello Wayne :action66: and Welcome to AP. And Congrats on the wonderful upcoming events.
A honeymoon on safari in Africa !! WOW !! good on you that sounds terrific.
Post your images on the Forums, you will get cc and plenty of help there :2smile:

rwg717
17-04-2013, 10:52pm
Hi Wayne, welcome to AP....enjoy:)
Richard

ricktas
18-04-2013, 12:15am
welcome. hope you learn enough on your crash course, just try as the get the basics down and work on your compositions. learning photography takes yesrs.

Wayne63
18-04-2013, 7:14am
Welcome to AP Wayne, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

Kym
18-04-2013, 1:47pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Bear Dale
18-04-2013, 5:25pm
Hello and welcome to the forum. It's truly a great resource that's packed with friendly members and the best way to enjoy it is to jump in boots and all and start posting.

Mark L
18-04-2013, 8:15pm
Congrats and good luck Wayne.
Suspect you'll know a lot of it, but there's still some good stuff here .... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book

WayneH
19-04-2013, 12:47am
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
I'm out and about over the next few days so I hope to have a photo or two to share and get some CC.
Thanks for the link Mark L - devoured the basics...now to start on Aperture and playing around with some settings.