PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

thirdraw
09-04-2013, 11:47am
First up i would like to say,great site i can see myself spending much time here as i learn this art of photography

Well a bit about myself my name is Adrian i live in the old town of werribee in victoria,i have always been a creative person oil painting,music production and now photography has really grabed my interest.I bought my first camera september 2012 7d with a 24-105 L and i loved it but the romance was short lived.With the new found inspiration of my camera i set of on a 6 week holiday hiking the mountain provinces of the philippines with my now darling wife.She is from Sagada so we did all the cave's,batad rice terraces,banaue ect..so many great landscapes to be had.well while 2,750 feet above sea level up the side of a mountain,it rained like i never experience before,rain cover had come of pack,pack filled with water rest in peace 7d.the wife had a 60d so thats what was used for rest of trip not much fun sharing a cam though.
So bit of a expensive first go at photography but a lesson learned all the same.Now as i have got the finances back up again its time to buy another camera and some water proofing haha.A friend who is a pro weeding photographer was kind enough to lend me a 5dmk111 with a 24-70 2.8 L,wow fell in love with FF camera only had it for 2 weeks but im hooked which is bad news for me.The mk111 is fantastic but overkill as i have no interest in video,the 6d is FF but after holding it in store it feels like a little toy so i dont know,it has a newer chip compared to mk11 but i dont get canon with the af system in the 6d......oh the pain of it all.

Well for now happy snaps to all

Wayne63
09-04-2013, 12:11pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums
The choice is never easy but comes down to budget as well

Kym
09-04-2013, 3:37pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
09-04-2013, 8:42pm
Welcome to AP. See you on the forums

Mary Anne
10-04-2013, 1:39pm
Hello Adrian and Welcome to AP.. Sorry to hear about your camera that's terrible luck. Many decisions to come its not easy is it choosing a new camera.
I will look forward to seeing what you end up buying, and the photos you will take with it on the Forums..

dt86vyss
10-04-2013, 2:50pm
look forward to eeing some of your shots with that new camera. Probably wouldn't go for the 6d, you're better off with the 5dii

thirdraw
11-04-2013, 9:45am
Thanks for all the kind words guy's and girls.Yes i have many choice's to be made.Will try to get some photos up soon i know there is a few that worked,I was like a kid with a new toy just snap snap without thinking or knowing what i was doing.This is what has brought me here my desire to learn and have fun doing it.

cheers