PDA

View Full Version : Aaron from Blacktown area

azz
08-04-2013, 11:41pm
Hi everyone

Aaron here from good old Western Sydney. I'm quite glad I stumbled across these forums, it's hard to talk about photography to non-photoheads :) I've always been interested but only recently had the capital available to invest in a decent camera. I'm a young guy in IT and pick all sorts of technical stuff up quite easily because I love learning how things work at a very low level.

I'm interested in all aspects of photography but lately have been shooting a lot of baby photos of my 8 month old son, partly because of time constraints and partly (ok mostly) because he's damn cute. I haven't really had the chance to take many landscapes/cityscapes yet (oh the joys of parenting), but I did take some decent shots in Melbourne CBD on a recent trip. I'll post those in the appropriate place at a later stage.

I guess only having a DSLR for ~7 months technically makes me a beginner :) Current kit consists of a Canon 60D, Canon EF 35mm f/2 and Canon EF-S 17-85mm USM f/4 - f/5.6. I still have a lot of gear to buy but I'm doing fine with what I have so far. I'm sure you guys (and girls) know how it feels, you're always dreaming of the next purchase hehe.

Nice to meet you all

Wayne63
09-04-2013, 6:08am
Welcome to AP Aaron, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

ricktas
09-04-2013, 6:38am
Welcome to AP. Pull up a chair, join in, post some photos for advice and feedback, give some other members' photos a critique. See you on the forum

paulheath
09-04-2013, 7:44am
welcome to the forum, dont feel intimidated to post pics, it is the best way of learning. some great guys on here that dont mind showing us newbies the ropes.

EB Alex
09-04-2013, 9:30am
Welcome to the forums

Kym
09-04-2013, 3:37pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Alandme
09-04-2013, 8:48pm
Welcome to the forum azz from an old ex Blacktown boy.

dashtech
09-04-2013, 11:06pm
Welcome mate, from Penrith here. Good to see a few western Sydney people on here.

AVALANCHE
09-04-2013, 11:27pm
Fantastic name Aaron (It's my name too. None of this Arron or Aron nonsense!) haha.

I use to live about 1/2 hour away from Blacktown when I was growing up (near Richmond).

Welcome aboard!