PDA

View Full Version : Just posting to re-instate myself

znelbok
09-03-2013, 6:55pm
Nothing to say - I do a lot of reading and learning and my experience (lack of) means I dont get a chance to post much so I often find I am cut off.

This is just to get be back in so I can read the forums again.

Mick

ricktas
09-03-2013, 7:25pm
The inactive cycle is reducing, so each time you go inactive, the time till you next do, will decrease. Eventually you will have to post everyday for 6 months, otherwise you will go inactive every night. You mention lack of experience, but you have been a member here since 2008?

Ausphotography is a FORUM, which by definition is a place to interact. That means you need to post. So how about giving some critique to others, even once a week, will keep you active.

Otherwise you will find the site is locked out to you again and again, till eventually you will have to post daily to retain access. AP is free, and all I ask is that to get the benefits the site offers, that members give back to the site!

znelbok
09-03-2013, 7:54pm
Experience is not based on time - unfortunately.

Time is something I do not get very much of spare and some of the things I like to do have to suffer - such as photography.

I do not feel that my opinion [for cc] has any benefit. I know what I like or looks good to me, but that is not what CC is for - its to help the poster create better photos.

Speedway
09-03-2013, 8:28pm
I do not feel that my opinion [for cc] has any benefit. I know what I like or looks good to me, but that is not what CC is for - its to help the poster create better photos.
That's what cc is all about. Voicing your own opinion, no two people have the same opinion so yours is important too. It is also a good way to improve your own photography comparing your thoughts with others.
Cheers
Keith.

William
09-03-2013, 8:28pm
Does'nt take long to do a post , A quick CC on someones photo and thats it , Easy , Welcome back and hope you keep active :)

ricktas
09-03-2013, 9:08pm
Experience is not based on time - unfortunately.

Time is something I do not get very much of spare and some of the things I like to do have to suffer - such as photography.

Your choice, but one day soon you will be locked out, unless you post every day, for six months. Perhaps a critique once a week is an easier solution?

linerz
09-03-2013, 9:30pm
welcome back :)

Kym
10-03-2013, 8:56am
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

Warren Ackary
10-03-2013, 9:55am
Welcome back.. I dont post many images but I like to read but I DO comment alot.

Enjoy the forums :)

Bear Dale
10-03-2013, 4:07pm
Try and enjoy the forums....they really have a lot to offer.