PDA

View Full Version : And another newbie

PBee
06-03-2013, 8:46pm
Hi all, my first post here after lurking for a short while. I've been interested in photography for about 40 years and worked as a photo journalist for a few years way back. That's not to say I'm any good and I'm now enjoying trying to improve my skills as I no longer work for a living. I spend three to four months of the year travelling and so that's become the main focus of my photography. Last year I bought a Canon G1X after using a Powershot Pro 1 for about eight years. I decided not to go the D/SLR route as I thought it would become very annoying lugging around a camera kit when you're trying to enjoy yourself. I took the G1X to Singapore, UK, Norway and Spain last year and I was pretty happy with how it performed and how unobtrusive it was. I'm off to Canberra for their centenary celebrations this weekend and then on to Melbourne for a family get together so the Canon will be well used. I hope to post some pix here when I get to grips with the process. Cheers.

Mary Anne
06-03-2013, 11:06pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Amazing you have certainty been at it for a few years and seen a lot of the world.
Post some of these images on the forums you will find all the info up the top in Library look for How Do I..

ricktas
07-03-2013, 6:17am
Welcome. Pull up a chair and join right in.

Wayne63
07-03-2013, 9:42am
Welcome to AP, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your photo's in the forums

Kym
07-03-2013, 1:20pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ATP
07-03-2013, 1:47pm
HI PBee - look forward to seeing your pics! AP is a great site with really friendly members - enjoy!

Bear Dale
07-03-2013, 2:06pm
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing some pics!

Mark L
07-03-2013, 10:54pm
g'day PBee, welcome to thee.

I hope to post some pix here when I get to grips with the process. Cheers.

Just in case this helps .... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:How_to_post_and_link_your_photos_into_forum_threads
See you around AP hopefully. :th3: