PDA

View Full Version : Insert Some Interesting Hello Phrase Here.... (Please)

Quanita
15-02-2013, 6:57pm
Hi,
I'm Q and judging by everything I have read so far (including a few Hi messages) I am the noobiest noob :o

I was given a new Samsung NX11 (by request) for my birthday (March last Year) with 18-55mm Lens and have just purchased the 60mm Macro lens (going to pick it up tomorrow). I have read my manual and I think I do ok with my camera on Aperture Priority mode when everything is standing still but am not at all comfortable with anything other than auto when anything moves.

I am interested in learning to do product style photography better (for blogging about crafts I do) and also interested in learning to take awesome photos of my family. I would probably be more interested in other types and styles of photography as I get a better understanding of what is out there and what I like.

I have just purchased a new tripod (after breaking the previous flimsy-ish) one and am waiting on a remote shutter release. I'm a bit wobbly at the best of times.

erm IT geek by trade from Adelaide with a wonderful partner and a 6month old furbaby (British Shorthair Cat) who will probably be in a lot of my photos.
Cheers
Q

ricktas
15-02-2013, 7:00pm
Welcome Q.

Pull up a chair and join right in.

Mark L
15-02-2013, 8:15pm
G'day to you, Q.:D
(I'm not very interesting.):D

rookie
15-02-2013, 8:28pm
:gday::action66:

RobertAcres
15-02-2013, 8:34pm
Hi Q!

Everyone was a noob once. Have Fun!

alsocass
15-02-2013, 8:51pm
Looking forward to seeing craft photos!

Kym
15-02-2013, 11:10pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Analog6
16-02-2013, 4:51am
Welcome Quanita. The New to Photography section is very useful, you may find it helpful in getting your head around the basics before moivng on to greater things :)

Wayne63
16-02-2013, 7:04am
Welcome to AP Q, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

ameerat42
16-02-2013, 10:58am
Than Q for your interesting Intro title.
See U about the place.
Am (perhaps a tad redundant in the initial circumstances).